CharileM buyer beware >

CharileM buyer beware

Notices

CharileM buyer beware

Old 03-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

From charliem:
"Before I would remove these parts what are they worth to you. Just to make sure I am willing to start parting the boat out for small stuff."

I don't see where he's says he not parting out the boat.

To Charlie once I recieved the box:
"Charlie-
I recieved the trim indicators and accuator today. I hate to say this but this is just a bunch of junk! The indicator display has paint marks on it and the trim accuators are homemade and not reusable. I asked about the condition of the parts and I was told everything was in great shape. I'm not excited to be sending this e-mail, but I am not happy with the parts recieved! I would like to send them back and be refunded!

Mike"

Subject: Re: Trim Indicators
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 16:55:31 -0500
To: [email protected]

Net was $204 in that. When I have the cash I will let you know so you can return.

Note I sent him $275 and he's only going to give me $204 back?

Next e-mail:

Charlie-
I put a dispute in pay pal! I would normally wait but this stuff was a box of junk and not at all what was in the Formula as I could zoom into the pictures and look at the items. The total to be refunded needs to be the full amount ($275). I will cover the shipping back but I'm not eating the shipping boat ways. Your pay pal fee's will be refunded by pay pal.

Reply from CharlieM:
Don't care if you send back but not on my dollar. Not going to refund shipping or PayPal fees. Parts are as described. Not going to loose off of your OPINION or that you don't want to use a razor blade to scrape off the marks. Never at once did I tell you they where off of the formula. I told you I was not stripping the formula and was not going to sell any parts off of it. The problem here is your memory.

Please see first e-mail!

What was posted on Pay Pal:

1/3/2012 19:09 PST - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
1/3/2012 19:09 PST - Buyer: Pay Pal-I contacted this seller that I wanted to buy the trim indicators and all hardware from indicator to actuators out of the formula boat he was parting out. I was told that the cables were shot and he would include used replacement cables. And that he did not want to part out the pieces on the trim tabs but would include the same ones off of another set of tabs. I also said I wanted the thru-hull fitting as well as part of the deal. I received the package today and nothing was as discribed. The Indicator is missing the lights and has paint on the screen. The acuators for the drives are homemade and not mercruiser parts and are not usable. There were no thru-hull fittings and no fittings for the trim tabs. The seller has offered me $50.00 refund which I keep the parts or a $205 refund and I ship them back! Neither is acceptable as I asked and was told I was getting good usable parts. The parts I recieved are garbage. Thanks for looking into this!Mike Tennant
1/3/2012 18:53 PST - Buyer: No! I paid you $275.00 and that is what I want refunded and I'm not paying a restocking fee!
1/3/2012 18:41 PST - Seller: I can refund $205.00 once the items are received back. The $205.00 is the amount you sent minus shipping cost and a 10% restocking fee.
1/3/2012 18:10 PST - Buyer: You can do the right thing and either supply me with good working parts or refund in full! If not I will escalate this as well as take action on OSO!

The rest were e-mails exchanged and are no longer available as far as I know. Please note that I clearly state I was offered $50 refund and I keep the parts. This was later increased to $100 and I keep the parts. I hope all of you can see this guy is a liar!

Last edited by endeavour32; 03-06-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poker~N~Run
I see him gettting into verbal rifts with people he has problems with. The last one was carbs I think. If you are trying to seeks stuff on here better to keep quite then have your dirty laundry aired.
I have never responded to any "verbal rifts" with any board member. I have always offered refunds of full NET AMOUNT

I am not going to ship any person any parts on my dollar for them to inspect. However I will always offer a refund of full net amount. Not my problem paypal charges so much, and shipping is outrageous.

Tom with the carbs threatened me and harassed me. Last he got my address from a board member (I think this person) and thereatened to come to my house with friends to fix the problem his way.

I offered him the parts to repair the seawater pump we traded. Tom wanted the carbs back after I spent $250 at the local speed shop to have gone through. NICE.

Mike (sickstinger) and I came to an agreement that worked for the both of us.

There is my laundry list full. Thank you
Old 03-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88sport240
Yeah, there was a big argument in swap shop about some carbs and oil coolers. The thread is locked but still there, good reading.

He had an argument about a swim platform, he apparently ripped people off on some bravo drives or cases or something, I don't know. I just do alot of reading here......

Not somebody I would ever want to deal with!!!

It makes it hard to trust people selling stuff here when you see this over and over.
the bravo drives was Sickstinger and we came to an agreement. I gave him additional money back.

The swim platform was not an argument. I jusrt would not send the platform with half a payment and wait until Commandersander inspected it with his liking and then hope he would send the rest of the money or the platform back.

With people like Endeavor32 that take money and not follow up I just would not let meself send the platform without full payment.

I have always dealt with any and all misunderstandings amongst all my customers.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Registered

Found it! Read it and weep CharlieM.

From PayPal
Seller offered a partial refund of $100.00 USD to buyer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Seller: frank mendes ([email protected])
I am offering a refund of $100.00 and you keep the items
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From PayPal
Buyer denied a partial refund of 50.00 USD from seller

Last edited by endeavour32; 03-06-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should have followed through with the PayPal dispute. If the items were not as described you would have gotten 100% of your money back. It was generous of you to accept a partial refund and keep the bad stuff.... But in the end, the guy still bad mouthed you..... The Internet has become a terrible place to do business (person to person). I bet he wouldn't have sold those parts local, and then try that partial refund crap because it would have resulted in an a$$ beatin.... The Internet has given crooked people much more courage to pull crap like this.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Registered

there does seem to be a pattern of dissatisfied customers here question is, has there been anybody happy with a deal with this guy?
Old 03-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Found it! Read it and weep CharlieM.

From PayPal
Seller offered a partial refund of $100.00 USD to buyer

From Seller: frank mendes ([email protected])
I am offering a refund of $100.00 and you keep the items

From PayPal
Buyer denied a partial refund of 50.00 USD from seller

Who is Frank Mendes?
Old 03-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Registered

Why should I send Mike parts to inspect and make a decision on using my dollar? I sent him photos and made me an offer.

I made it completly clear on the phone I would take refunds at net amount before doing the deal. As I do everyone.

If these where all factory mint parts they would have been a $500 plus set as I have seen on this forum. Photos where sent. He offered me the amount and then called them junk.

We agreed on the phone to half now send parts and then I would send remaining. He took the money with no intentions of returning parts.

What is the problem here, I want my parts and then I will send the rest of the money. How does this make me screwing Endeavor32?

why should I send Mike money above what he paid for the parts?

Why will he sell parts that do not belong to him to any forum member for $160 but to me for $205?

MIKE I READ and you are still doing the wrong thing.

Return my parts and I will refund the rest of the $205 I owe you.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Registered

Frank Mendes is who Charlie uses for his pay pal. I have no idea why but this is who I was told to send the money for paypal and who charliem used to communicate about this whole mess.

Charliem
The parts are sold and packaged! They are not your parts, they are MINE! Read the offer you made me in paypal! Its clear, "I am offering a refund of $100.00 and you keep the items". You NEVER sent me any pictures of the items you sent me. I assumed they were coming from the Formula you were parting out, other than the cables and the trim tab connections, per our phone conversation! For the last time, when you refund money on Paypal there are no fees! Any fees you were charged in the transaction are refunded! Stop using it as an excuse to screw your "customers"!

Also I managed to put together the correct package and I had $325.00 into the Merc drive actuator and mint condition 100% complete indicator. Your making yourself look like a fool, admit your wrong admit your making up lies to cover your tracks! I have e-mails proving you said what you said. The game is over, go to bed and quit crying about losing!

Last edited by endeavour32; 03-06-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Frank Mendes is who Charlie uses for his pay pal. I have no idea why but this is who I was told to send the money for paypal and who charliem used to communicate about this whole mess.

Charliem
The parts are sold and packaged! They are not your parts, they are MINE! Read the offer you made me in paypal! Its clear, "I am offering a refund of $100.00 and you keep the items". You NEVER sent me any pictures of the items you sent me. I assumed they were coming from the Formula you were parting out, other than the cables and the trim tab connections.

Also I managed to put together the correct package and I had $325.00 into the Merc drive actuator and mint condition 100% complete indicator. Your making yourself look like a fool, admit your wrong admit your making up lies to cover your tracks! I have e-mails proving you said what you said. The game is over, go to bed and quit crying about losing!
Thank you Mike! Have fun with the $100 you ripped me off for. I had no idea you where this type of person. Run your mouth and never even let me resolve the problem. If they where your parts why did you take the $100 from me?

I was being polite in giving you plenty of time to retrun the parts and was completly floored when I seen the parts that you where to return where up for sale.

Well mike why would you offer the parts to any forum member for $160 but I had to pay $205 (well $305 after you include the $100 I already gave you?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.