Almost got Scammed BEWARE!! >

Almost got Scammed BEWARE!!

Notices

Almost got Scammed BEWARE!!

Old 03-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Cash for sure but be careful about a few phony benjis mixed in. Also don't over rely on the counterfeit detection pens. Newsprint tests good. Not many people know that. Every bill must be inspected and use the counterfeit pen as a back-up.
Yes be careful with CASH! The new spin is they are printing 50s and 100s on bleached 1 and 5 dollar bills. This way the paper test pen still works!

Use test been and verify the strip. There was a dateline story about a guy selling a car cash and the bank and the feds coming after him months after his deposit. Bleached bills. He also got hit with accepting over $10k in cash, gov't doesn't like it I guess?
Old 03-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
now just for curiosity sakes, what would have happened if you said yes and had a video and copy of drivers license of him picking up the engines. just asking out loud, next time i sell a big ticket item i will make them sign a bill of acceptance. wonder what they would say then?
ill tell you what happens. they try to screw you. i sold a watch to a guy. he paid w/ pay pal . he isnsisten on hand to hand exchange. i let the money clear pay pal and hand delivered the watch. have a copy of his passport , a picture of the tranfer taling place and an e mail trail 200 pages the last one of which he says... thanks " love the watch. " i clear the money out of pay pal LONG before the watch is delivered...
sure enough. 2 days later he claims the watch was supposed to be ' shipped" and he never got it. IP address is his, all the documentation and evidence is iron clad.

paypal says " sorry. e mail no good, copy of passport no good. and photo of him holding the watch no good. need a tracking number" i say... " but HE defined the delivery terms" that means HE breached your agreement. this is a scam " now get this... paypal actually says to me... ' yes , we know its a scam but we have to pay him anyway and we'll sue you for the money"

i said... if you pay him knowing its a scam you are on your own. serve me and ill see you in court.

i didn't lose any money they they tried like hell. i simply can't believe how stupid they are...

they have never sued me but i would LOVE to see what a judge or jury does to them if they ever tried to pursue this. i can't believe they are still in business...

want another story ? seller sends a violin to canada... 5500 sale. buyer THREE MONTHS LATER claims its counterfeit. seller has carved in stone provenance but says send it back and ill refund. pay pal says NO.. item MUST BE DESTROYED because its counterfeit. so they MAKE the buyer crush it and pay the buyer and grab the money out of the sellers acct... so he has NO money and no violin...

they should be in jail
Old 03-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stevesxm
ill tell you what happens. they try to screw you. i sold a watch to a guy. he paid w/ pay pal . he isnsisten on hand to hand exchange. i let the money clear pay pal and hand delivered the watch. have a copy of his passport , a picture of the tranfer taling place and an e mail trail 200 pages the last one of which he says... thanks " love the watch. " i clear the money out of pay pal LONG before the watch is delivered...
sure enough. 2 days later he claims the watch was supposed to be ' shipped" and he never got it. IP address is his, all the documentation and evidence is iron clad.

paypal says " sorry. e mail no good, copy of passport no good. and photo of him holding the watch no good. need a tracking number" i say... " but HE defined the delivery terms" that means HE breached your agreement. this is a scam " now get this... paypal actually says to me... ' yes , we know its a scam but we have to pay him anyway and we'll sue you for the money"

i said... if you pay him knowing its a scam you are on your own. serve me and ill see you in court.

i didn't lose any money they they tried like hell. i simply can't believe how stupid they are...

they have never sued me but i would LOVE to see what a judge or jury does to them if they ever tried to pursue this. i can't believe they are still in business...

want another story ? seller sends a violin to canada... 5500 sale. buyer THREE MONTHS LATER claims its counterfeit. seller has carved in stone provenance but says send it back and ill refund. pay pal says NO.. item MUST BE DESTROYED because its counterfeit. so they MAKE the buyer crush it and pay the buyer and grab the money out of the sellers acct... so he has NO money and no violin...

they should be in jail
kinda scary....
Old 03-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Registered

happened to me too,but i was on the receiving end...bought a gibson guitar on ebay...lots of pics,but all dark...when i got it ,it was a very cheap imitation with gibson decals (guitar made of plywood)...got my money back,plus shipping...i even offered to return the pos,but they didn't want me to...ebay asked me to destroy it
Old 03-31-2012, 03:02 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by stevesxm

they should be in jail
I heard this story and what i heard is the violin was a very old one.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

When accepting cash, I always tell the seller we are both going down to the bank to deposit the money. I let the bank check the cash. That's what I did with a car where the seller wanted to pay cash.

Michael