Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Received all my parts.. >

Received all my parts..

Notices

Received all my parts..

Old 02-02-2013, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy travels my friend....I can say the exp for you have been rougher than myself, but your posting this dilemma educated me and I will be a wiser individual. And for that I want to say : THANK YOU!

The guy who got over on you...well karma is a *****; so when our children are dealt a traumatic expirence don't go whining to people around you!!! Your poor family members!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 1,204 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
Note twisted input shaft splines. I asked about that and was told by seller, " Don't worry about that...Innovation upgraded the gears to the new threaded style so you're good to go"...NOT
Everyone learn from the above statement. If you see some thing wrong end the transaction. This deal should have never happened. Not that the seller would be anymore honest in his next transaction. I guess thanks for exposing him Sprink.

I know where 3 props are laying in the bottom Lake Michigan from this very reason.

Last edited by Rookie; 02-02-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Registered

Last edited by GTOFFSHORE; 02-09-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Don't wanna get into an arguement
Old 02-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTOFFSHORE
What do you think of those pictures?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Registered

This deal was about a year ago. The drive was freshened up. It was an older style I had as a back up but couldn't use since I have a 2 in shorty. I am pretty sure I sold it for less then a grand. When he picked it up it still had the sticker on it from being redone. It had the price of the rebuild etc on it. I remember that when I picked it up it was short a rear cap. Thats when he came in here and started bashing me. I was supposed to send it out when I got it back a couple days after he picked it up. This was the weekend I was getting married and it took a week or me to get back to the shop. My bad so I sent him a basically brand new rear cap that I had to pay for since the shop couldn't find mine and I was tired of getting bashed. That being said the rear and top cover were loose. He looked at everything and bought it. I am by no means a drive expert. I don't even know what threaded gears mean. So I really doubt I said that. This drive was never used by me. It wouldn't work. So I don't understand bad bearings etc. Unless the rebuilder saw that they were ok and reused them to save me money. Like I said not a drive expert. I bought the wrong drive for my app and didn't notice for a couple of years. It was a back up to a back up.
Sprink never called, emailed etc. zeke can tell you that I will take care of things. I am not a parts dealer. Just a consumer who was selling all my extras. Didn't need the money just the space. If he had called emailed me I could have asked the drive guy what the deal was. But coming on here and saying he got phucked and that I screwed him isn't the way to handle it.
Not as a disclaimer but all my stuff was used. NOT NEW. Sprink rushed to get that drive. I was so busy I told him to wait til I got the back cover etc. I was getting married and work was busy and didn't have a lot of time. He wanted it that day. We sat in my wife's driveway and went over everything visually. Pulled the top cap etc.
If I told him it was refreshed etc that's because that's what I had done. No reason to lie. The repair sticker was still on it. I peeled it off in front of him. I remember it being like 400.
A real man would have called or emailed to vent. Coming on here first just says please pitty me. It doesn't resolve anything. It doesnt fix his problems. You would think he would reach out to me. But then again he never did on the back cap either. Just came on here and whined and *****ed when it was already on the way.
I hope he gets his boat together and has some fun. It seems like he needs some stress relief. I wish he would have reached out then I might have gotten some recourse or answers from my drive guy. In the end I think he phucked himself by not reaching out.
Hope you guys have a safe boating season. And for all my friends and the nice emails and texts I know I said I wouldn't respond! See you guys on the water.

Last edited by GTOFFSHORE; 02-10-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Too damn long
Old 02-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This deal was about a year ago. The drive was freshened up. It was an older style I had as a back up but couldn't use since I have a 2 in shorty. I am pretty sure I sold it for less then a grand. When he picked it up it still had the sticker on it from being redone. It had the price of the rebuild etc on it. I remember that when I picked it up it was short a rear cap. Thats when he came in here and started bashing me. I was supposed to send it out when I got it back a couple days after he picked it up. This was the weekend I was getting married and it took a week or me to get back to the shop. My bad so I sent him a basically brand new rear cap that I had to pay for since the shop couldn't find mine and I was tired of getting bashed. That being said the rear and top cover were loose. He looked at everything and bought it. I am by no means a drive expert. I don't even know what threaded gears mean. So I really doubt I said that. This drive was never used by me. It wouldn't work. So I don't understand bad bearings etc. Unless the rebuilder saw that they were ok and reused them to save me money. Like I said not a drive expert. I bought the wrong drive for my app and didn't notice for a couple of years. It was a back up to a back up.
Sprink never called, emailed etc. zeke can tell you that I will take care of things. I am not a parts dealer. Just a consumer who was selling all my extras. Didn't need the money just the space. If he had called emailed me I could have asked the drive guy what the deal was. But coming on here and saying he got phucked and that I screwed him isn't the way to handle it.
Not as a disclaimer but all my stuff was used. NOT NEW. Sprink rushed to get that drive. I was so busy I told him to wait til I got the back cover etc. I was getting married and work was busy and didn't have a lot of time. He wanted it that day. We sat in my wife's driveway and went over everything visually. Pulled the top cap etc.
If I told him it was refreshed etc that's because that's what I had done. No reason to lie. The repair sticker was still on it. I peeled it off in front of him. I remember it being like 400.
A real man would have called or emailed to vent. Coming on here first just says please pitty me. It doesn't resolve anything. It doesnt fix his problems. You would think he would reach out to me. But then again he never did on the back cap either. Just came on here and whined and *****ed when it was already on the way.
I hope he gets his boat together and has some fun. It seems like he needs some stress relief. I wish he would have reached out then I might have gotten some recourse or answers from my drive guy. In the end I think he phucked himself by not reaching out.
Hope you guys have a safe boating season. And for all my friends and the nice emails and texts I know I said I wouldn't respond! See you guys on the water.
David...i bought the drive as you said with the understanding that it had been gone thru...your words...I never saw a sticker or bill. I held on to the drive until I was ready to use it. I had an expert go thru the drive so I wouldn't experience a failure...look at the pics...this drive was not gone thru or re-sealed.

BTW this was less than a year ago...the week before you got married.

Know this...you can have your own opinion...but you can't have your own facts.

I spent $1200 cash on equipment that is not serviceable. Don't even start talking pity party to me...whose money are we talking about anyway...MINE!! You talk about "Man Up" how about you send me a check for $1200 and I'll ship this junk back to you!! Let' see you "Man Up".
Old 02-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Registered

Yes your right ten months ago. I have forwarded the pics to the guy that did the drive. If he says that it's bad I will consider it. The opionions I have I will keep to myself the facts I have is that I paid to have it freshened up. The fact is you inspected it with the covers off. I did not do a jedi mind trick on you.
I appreciate you contacting me directly. It was nice to hear about the issues privately. Oh wait that didn't happen because you prefer to ***** on here. I said a real man would have contacted me for a resolution. You haven't done that. You want to scream an ***** on here. So be it. Even with your lack of decency I will do what I feel proper.
Have a goodnight.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Registered

Yes your right ten months ago. I have forwarded the pics to the guy that did the drive. If he says that it's bad I will consider it. The opionions I have I will keep to myself the facts I have is that I paid to have it freshened up. The fact is you inspected it with the covers off. I did not do a jedi mind trick on you.
I appreciate you contacting me directly. It was nice to hear about the issues privately. Oh wait that didn't happen because you prefer to ***** on here. I said a real man would have contacted me for a resolution. You haven't done that. You want to scream an ***** on here. So be it. Even with your lack of decency I will do what I feel proper.
Have a goodnight.
I understand that you feel affronted because of the public discussion of this issue. It's admirable that you are concerned about how others perceive your ethics. You need to look at this issue from my point of view and understand that by you changing your handle to GTOFFSHORE from "Poker-N-Run" you made yourself invisible to me...I had no way to contact you. I gave you my business card and urged you to stay in touch with me...I have not heard your voice since the Saturday in Sarasota in your driveway as I handed you money. You have not provided a clear path for me to communicate with you. I apologize if I have offended you.

I will stop now. This silliness of two Dogs circling and pi$$ing on a pole is accomplishing nothing. If you think I enjoy this you are mistaken...I wish the drives were as represented and this would have never happened.

So to put in your words despite my "lack of decency" in being concerned about what I consider to be a significant monetary loss,I am at you mercy. It appears that you perhaps were unknowingly sold something in a deceitful manner and unknowingly passed it along to me.

So I thank you for your consideration and pondering what you feel proper in doing.

I think it is appropriate at this point to move further discussion to PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sprink58
I understand that you feel affronted because of the public discussion of this issue. It's admirable that you are concerned about how others perceive your ethics. You need to look at this issue from my point of view and understand that by you changing your handle to GTOFFSHORE from "Poker-N-Run" you made yourself invisible to me...I had no way to contact you. I gave you my business card and urged you to stay in touch with me...I have not heard your voice since the Saturday in Sarasota in your driveway as I handed you money. You have not provided a clear path for me to communicate with you. I apologize if I have offended you.

I will stop now. This silliness of two Dogs circling and pi$$ing on a pole is accomplishing nothing. If you think I enjoy this you are mistaken...I wish the drives were as represented and this would have never happened.

So to put in your words despite my "lack of decency" in being concerned about what I consider to be a significant monetary loss,I am at you mercy. It appears that you perhaps were unknowingly sold something in a deceitful manner and unknowingly passed it along to me.

So I thank you for your consideration and pondering what you feel proper in doing.

I think it is appropriate at this point to move further discussion to PM.
No Reply as of 2/26/2013
Old 02-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

at this point id say he has no intension of making it right with you.i hope he enjoyed the money he got from you,my guess is his selling days on oso are over,who would buy from him after the way he did you?i had a bad feeling about davis from the start.at least the price of scrap metal is up right now,it looks like you have a pile of it.