Notices

Louis Mota

Old 07-28-2012, 09:02 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had several dealings with Bob. Not one have EVER ended wrong. He is a stand up guy who makes things right and makes sure you are happy with your purchase. To tell you how highly I rate him, I lost a friendship a few years ago over a dealing he had with Bob. I worked with my friend for a long time, recommended him to Bob on an engine build. He and his engine builder screwed Bob over a few parts. Now mind you, I have never even met Bob in person. In my opinion, it was obvious what my so called friend did, so I took Bobs side. The end result, I still talk and deal with Bob and have not talked to my x-friend since.
Hey Bob... BTW, I have heard through the grape vine that after he took your parts out his engine never ran right, even after a couple of cam swaps. Better yet, the engine grenaded shortly after.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by the deep
+2 Sorry to hear this . Bob is as good as they come . Should we pay this dirtbag a visit OSO ?
Bob is aces...made me a great cam and fixed a horrible job by a previous builder. He is extremely knowledgeable, patient, and trusting. He sent me $1,800 of parts prior to invoicing me and I sent him a check the next day. Anyone who makes an enemy with Bob, by breaking such trust, is losing a valuable asset.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered

Mr. Bob has been very helpful and more than patient w/my old & novice
venture.(repower) He is a class act with sincere compassion.
R. Mock
Old 11-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Registered

Bob is absolutely at the top of his game! He worked with me all last winter suggesting various parts for my project and I went with him on the valvetrain. He exceeded all of my expectations and I have never met anyone that has been as willing to go as far out of his way to make sure his customers get exactly what they need and are completely taken care of. His parts prices are reasonable in my opinion and the knowledge he has and is willing to share with his customers is priceless! The patience he displayed while working with me (due to a conflict regarding valvetrain assembly. specs by my machinist.....by the way, he did finally listen to me and set the springs up with your specs Bob) was impressive. I recommend Bob to anyone I can when the opportunity presents itself and will continue to do so in the future! His reputation speaks for itself!

Mark
Old 11-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Registered

I've been working with Bob myself. I'm dealing with my machine shop which is doing what Bob asked as far as specs on the block and heads, but is slow going (I told them to take their time, they are busy and I'm working in the boat). And now Bob is waiting on me, so he can design and make the cam. But told me whenever I'm ready to let him know.
To me, with no money exchanged, that's stand up customer service.
Jody
Old 11-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CC230
I've been working with Bob myself. I'm dealing with my machine shop which is doing what Bob asked as far as specs on the block and heads, but is slow going (I told them to take their time, they are busy and I'm working in the boat). And now Bob is waiting on me, so he can design and make the cam. But told me whenever I'm ready to let him know.
To me, with no money exchanged, that's stand up customer service.
Jody
Couldn't agree with you more! I emailed Bob and talked to him on many occasions before I bought a single part from him! He was always courteous, treated me with respect, listened to my needs and gave his opinion. There are far to many business owners these days that won't give you the time of day unless you're spending money with them at the time of the conversation and even worse yet are the ones that rush you, don't listen then take your money and rush to get you off the phone or out the door...typically ending with the customer being unsatisfied at one point or another! My experience with Bob was a very positive one and I couldn't be happier with the parts he provided, suggested, etc... I remember calling him at one point because I needed to ask him some questions about buying the correct push rod length cheching kit. He said he has a couple that bounce around from customer to customer and he would email one of his customers that currently had it sent to them and have that customer sent it to me. Sure enough.....about a week later it showed up at my door step. About amonth later I received an email from Bob with another address to ship it to. I really thought that was something else that he just has these kits roaming back and forth across the U.S. going from customer to customer in an effort to go that extra mile to help his customers out and make sure the lengths on the push rods are correct! I really just cant say enough good things about Bob, his professionalism or how important impeccable customer service is to him......it is very apparent that these are extremely important to him when he conducts business with his customers. As an end result from all of this I have a motor that runs fantastic and that I'm very happy with. Thanks again for all the time you spent working with me on my build Bob. It is very appreciated!
Mark
Old 11-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by MER Performance
Well said, Mr. Arctic. Nothing worse than helping someone and they try to cheat you or take money out of your pocket.
I had a guy after 22 yrs in business, get me for 2800.00. I was warned and believed he would follow through with his promise. I had a signed invoice, a check, I could cash if delivery didn't happen. He paid his bill, but he didn't build me 4 steel tables in exchange for dyno fees for 2 engines, and parts for dressing them out. The check, was on a inactive acct. and the signed invoice wasn't worth me taking the time to pursue it. So now it's a joke and the "wall of shame". The bad thing is I agreed to it and so did he. What goes around comes back around to BITE YOU!
I missed your comment about the customer writing you a check on a closed/inactive account. Around here they STILL put people in jail/prison for that as its considered a Felony , you might want to prosecute the guy IF it hasn't been too long, Smitty
Old 11-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by articfriends
I missed your comment about the customer writing you a check on a closed/inactive account. Around here they STILL put people in jail/prison for that as its considered a Felony , you might want to prosecute the guy IF it hasn't been too long, Smitty
In South Carolina, if you wait more than 10 days to cash the check, it's considered NO GOOD!!!! I am laughing at this point. I will be starting a post in the Beware & Stolen section. This guy, never had any intentions of paying me. It was a deal; he was to make me 4 steel tables in exchange for labor for dyno of 2 engines, and some parts for the amount of $2800.00. He gave me a check for the amount, and said; you can cash it, if the tables are not completed by a certain date.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by MER Performance
In South Carolina, if you wait more than 10 days to cash the check, it's considered NO GOOD!!!! I am laughing at this point. I will be starting a post in the Beware & Stolen section. This guy, never had any intentions of paying me. It was a deal; he was to make me 4 steel tables in exchange for labor for dyno of 2 engines, and some parts for the amount of $2800.00. He gave me a check for the amount, and said; you can cash it, if the tables are not completed by a certain date.
We get 90 days in Mi as far as I know, Smitty
Old 11-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

I believe it is called the "Stale Date" and might be 6 months in MI.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.