Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
What are my options on a bad engine deal? >

What are my options on a bad engine deal?

Notices

What are my options on a bad engine deal?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

exactly... go thru, rebuild them top to bottom, then ya have what "YOU" know to be fresh ready to run engines...
Old 10-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys for your comments! That is why I started this thread and appreciate your opinions.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you have 2 rebuilts both needing work? bore your block that you know and trust to the size of the pistons in the 2 rebuilts.then take the best crank, etc and build one. THEN, consider pressure testing the other 2 blocks and decide if either is worth throwing any more money at.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered

Ok,so you had a choice to rebuild your engine but decided not to.Then you purchased a complete running engine and an engine that needs to be rebuilt with 100hrs. One injested water do to bad manifolds.That tells me that the other engine is ready to drop in.No where does it say "both" motors need to be rebuilt.Yes,it's a great deal to some,but if oyur budget is like mine I'd want what was advertised! Now instead of having to deal with one broken motor you have 3.How is that a deal? And if it is,why aren't other member's making you offers?For 5 bucks You ordered a 12oz. ribeye and got a 16 oz. burger instead.You aren't interested in a burger at all but what a deal. Be happy?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

if it helps i can find you two truck blocks maybe were in the auto recycling buisness if i can help pm me and i will give you my phone number. but when dealing with used stuff cheaper isnt always better. ive learned the hard way, and very hard
Old 10-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

No matter what you paid you didn't get what was advertised. Period. But my guess is that the seller won't take them back. There are a lot of sleazy people in this sport. I've been taken in a deal like this before. My advice is let it go and try to get it rebuilt the right way. Don't cut any corners and enjoy your boating.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Registered

I completely agree with SkiDoc and Knot Slow. It this point moving on is the only thing worth doing but I would like to know if the seller knew about this before shipping them.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you tried contacting the seller?

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 10-16-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Registered

The ad says it had water in the cylinders.He makes a assumtion of what he thinks but hasnt been into it to see for sure. Hell a head gasket would put water in the cylinder as well as the exaust. iM LIKE THE OTHER GUYS YOU GOT WHAT YOU ASK FOR AND PAID FOR. By the way hows the other engine doe it match what he said as well?? If so I feel like he was completely honest with the ad to best of his guess goes. But he in some many words told you he was guessing at the problem.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky1456
The ad says it had water in the cylinders.He makes a assumtion of what he thinks but hasnt been into it to see for sure. Hell a head gasket would put water in the cylinder as well as the exaust. iM LIKE THE OTHER GUYS YOU GOT WHAT YOU ASK FOR AND PAID FOR. By the way hows the other engine doe it match what he said as well?? If so I feel like he was completely honest with the ad to best of his guess goes. But he in some many words told you he was guessing at the problem.
You need to re-read the thread, he bought (2) engines, one was advertised as having a problem, the other was sold as a good engine, turns out the good one was just as much junk as the bad one , Smitty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.