Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Buyers beware of legend marine group >

Buyers beware of legend marine group

Notices

Buyers beware of legend marine group

Old 10-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think deposits, in most situations, are more of a first right of refusal deposit. Earnest money saying that, if another buyer comes along, I get first shot at the boat. If it doesn't work out and the dealer goes on to the next buyer, the deposit is returned.

With that said, there should have been something in writing, there is probably more to the story, Casey may have said something that the owner of Legend disagrees with (returning deposit) and lastly, Legend doesn't need this kind of publicity over 5K, return the money.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

For these cross country trips......Who drives anymore? Unless you are driving with a tow vehicle, who would drive 1000+ miles at $4 a gallon to look at a boat and then drive home. Plane ticket is a lot cheaper!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
For these cross country trips......Who drives anymore? Unless you are driving with a tow vehicle, who would drive 1000+ miles at $4 a gallon to look at a boat and then drive home. Plane ticket is a lot cheaper!
Agreed, with todays technology, how hard is it to say
I'll fly down this this wknd or tomorrow etc, if by chance someone happens to walk in in the next 24 hours and says I'll buy it, then thats the chance the would be buyer takes.

Unlike the case in Biggus, boats arent selling like they did 7-10 years ago. Something just doesnt seem right. Regardless if someone asks me to send money just to look at a boat. I'm gonna tell them to F off.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I contacted Legend Marine Group about a 38' Fountain and was quoted a price over the phone. Fly to Dallas to look at the boat and the price went up once we got there. They seem to be a shady dealer and won't ever sell me a boat.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Registered

I bought my boat at a boat show, put a deposit on it $2500.00 if I remember correctly. In the contract was written deposit pending sea trial. If I did not like it I could get deposit back.

No way I would ever give anyone money without something in writing.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Registered

n the world of selling boats 5k is nothing. I know guys and im sure we all do that drop a 100k.... heck 300k and sometimes alot more than that on there toys. I also know most of these guys wouldnt touch a place if they have heard they took 5k from simeone on a shaddy deal much less had it happen to them. Im willing to bet this is going to cost legand alot more than 5k on the back side. I know when it comes time for me to buy they will be off my list. Im sure the buyer will recover from his 5k loss and it sucks that this happend to him. It dose not sound to me like legand is looking to far ahead. Such a shame to lose a customer over 5k that could spend 10 times that. I hope the guy buys a 200k boat from your competitor. And anyone that would think about putting there boat on consignment at your place reads this and find better people to represent them. I know i would...... all over 5k
Old 10-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Legend Marine are crooks and always have been crooks.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it seems to me that the guy who wanted the boat should had made sure thats what he wanted, in the slow market today he could had flown down there and checked it out before the deposit, and to give a deposit and the next day change your mind dont seem right, he had to be interested in the boat weeks before the deposit atleast i would think, i know Casey is been gone and im sure he will make it right, BUT FOR THE BUYERS SAKE next time have a friend close to where your purchasing a boat or someone on OSO to go look at it and give you the run down then send a deposit. which in our buisness if you leave a deposit on a object that means to us your commited.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

What planet are you people on? I work for a Harley Davidson dealership and we take deposits on bikes all the time. Some people want first dibs on a CVO or some other "hot" bike or even just one sitting there on the showroom floor and wants to wait a day or so, maybe test drive the bike or whatever, if for any reason they decide they don't want the bike, they get a refund of their deposit right then and there, no questions asked. Any dealership, car, boat, motorcycle or whatever that thinks it's o.k. to steal someones money, should be run out of town, period. Any of you guys out there don't think thats true, stop on by the store and leave me a deposit and then decide you don't want to go thru with the purchase, I'll be more than happy to keep your money and use it for my own personal toy fund.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Give him his money back. No harm, no foul. Move forward.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 10-20-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.