Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
$10,000 reward for stolen Intrepid...... >

$10,000 reward for stolen Intrepid......

Notices

$10,000 reward for stolen Intrepid......

Old 09-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts
Default $10,000 reward for stolen Intrepid......

Just saw this in the local paper......

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,6697275.story

Information leading to the safe return of a boat stolen from the Florida Keys last month may be eligible for a $10,000 reward from insurers, the Monroe County Sheriff says.

A 35-foot, Intrepid Cuddy Cabin boat vanished Aug. 19 from a lift behind a house on Bulevar De Palmas in Marathon, Monroe County Sheriff's Deputy Becky Herrin said.

The boat had twin Yamaha 300 horsepower four stroke engines; a Garmin chartplotter; radar and auto pilot systems and is estimated to be worth $300,000, she said. The owner, who resides in Illinois, learned it was missing when a neighbor called him, the agency said.
Monroe County Sheriff's Office asks anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers of the Florida Keys at 1-800-346-TIPS or at www.tipsubmit.com. Callers may remain anonymous.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 290 Likes on 138 Posts

It's funny you put this up cause we were getting quotes for insurance on our new intrepid and most insurance companies have dropped programs for triple engine center consoles that are lift kept in Florida because they are such a hot item to be stolen.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
It's funny you put this up cause we were getting quotes for insurance on our new intrepid and most insurance companies have dropped programs for triple engine center consoles that are lift kept in Florida because they are such a hot item to be stolen.
My buddy has a quad engine CC and they wanted a lojack type system or no policy.....

This missing Intrepid should never been lift kept in the keys if the owner lived in Chicago........that is just stupid even from a maintenance standpoint it should have been racked.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 290 Likes on 138 Posts

Yeah they want a LoJack on our intrepid or no policy. The people who have current policies are grandfathered in like we were, but as soon as you get a new boat that's it.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
My buddy has a quad engine CC and they wanted a lojack type system or no policy.....

This missing Intrepid should never been lift kept in the keys if the owner lived in Chicago........that is just stupid even from a maintenance standpoint it should have been racked.
I live in the Keys and have a boat on a lift, I have a lift lock installed on both my posts and the breaker for the lift is in a locked area...not only are the locks a thief deterrent but they act as a safety mechanism in the event of a mechanical failure of the lift when I'm away...Stupid..no...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508216[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]508217[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]508218[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]508219[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ,000 reward for stolen Intrepid......-img_6234.jpg   ,000 reward for stolen Intrepid......-img_6235.jpg   ,000 reward for stolen Intrepid......-img_6236.jpg  

,000 reward for stolen Intrepid......-img_6237.jpg  
Old 09-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by forgetg
I live in the Keys and have a boat on a lift, I have a lift lock installed on both my posts and the breaker for the lift is in a locked area...not only are the locks a thief deterrent but they act as a safety mechanism in the event of a mechanical failure of the lift when I'm away...Stupid..no...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508216[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]508217[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]508218[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]508219[/ATTACH]

Never saw that before. That is nice... Also, would prevent the boat from swinging like a baby during a storm on a cable style lift.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Do they guarantee ? Looks like a couple wacks with a hammer. If they Want it Nothing will stop the FKRS!!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Do they guarantee ? Looks like a couple wacks with a hammer. If they Want it Nothing will stop the FKRS!!
I was thinking a drill with a core bit to go around the lock! Aluminum boat lift could be cut with a cordless drill and a fresh battery!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I was thinking a drill with a core bit to go around the lock! Aluminum boat lift could be cut with a cordless drill and a fresh battery!
A 5 lbs hammer would probable snap the end off, and then there are two that they would have to break and that would make a lot of noise... by then Mr Smith and Wesson would be on them, ..and they still have to find power to the lift... as for a drill, they would have to drill both sides of the arm on the lift and drill the beam...I don't see how they could drill them out...but thief's will be creative
Old 09-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

you can always lower the lift on the lock to apply a little pressure and shut the power to the lift from inside the house,,,other then that if they want it they will take it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.