Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Any recourse for buying used parts out of state from a business >

Any recourse for buying used parts out of state from a business

Notices

Any recourse for buying used parts out of state from a business

Old 05-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with getting it worked out! People like that give all in the marine industry a bad name.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no recourse unless I want to sue and it's not worth the legal fees. He knew exactly what he was doing. Business name was Indy Pro Spray and Marine in Danville,IN.

He operates out of his house from what I can tell and advertises on Facebook. Business has been registered with IN since 5-13

Last edited by Irishtornado; 05-15-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Registered

Irish, Is he on FB Swap Shop? What is his user name?
Old 05-15-2014, 01:33 PM
Registered

https://www.facebook.com/IndyProSprayMarine
Old 05-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by troper
Irish, Is he on FB Swap Shop? What is his user name?
Yes he is...Bryan Ellingsworth
Old 05-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
Yes he is...Bryan Ellingsworth
You have the power, ban the SOB from the Swap Shop page. I have had very good dealings on the Swap Shop page (even had a guy who didn't take Paypal send me the prop first, then I sent him a check after I received!), IMO there is no room for liars and thieves on that page. It ruins it for everyone else. Every time that guy screws someone, it makes it harder for the next guy to trust anyone on there.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Registered

Time to leave some messages on his facebook about the real person he is
Old 05-17-2014, 02:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
You have the power, ban the SOB from the Swap Shop page. I have had very good dealings on the Swap Shop page (even had a guy who didn't take Paypal send me the prop first, then I sent him a check after I received!), IMO there is no room for liars and thieves on that page. It ruins it for everyone else. Every time that guy screws someone, it makes it harder for the next guy to trust anyone on there.
Better to leave him up there and let everyone know what kind of business he is. I haven't posted anything due to a lot of personal stress as well as work related I'm dealing with and with Facebook you aren't hidden behind a username so it turns into a personal vendetta. I have all the emails and text as well as receipts and pictures to back up my claim. Trust me I'm watching what he posts.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:23 AM
Registered

I would l like to hear more about the kind of parts you got and what was wrong with them?
Old 05-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Port Monster
I would l like to hear more about the kind of parts you got and what was wrong with them?
As I said above I've got alot of personal issues going on right now and don't have time to deal with the drama that unfolds from this, but it was 2 HD XR transom assemblies that where supposedly in perfect working condition nothing needed. Once I received them which was hidden in pictures and description via phone and text was that the top pins where shot and leaking, tiller arms where cutoff, trim hoses where cutoff and shift cables where cutoff. Hinge pins on 1 of assemblies where worn and needed replaced. When I confronted him about it he said he described them to the best of his ability and NO REFUNDS on used parts, but he would rebuild for me at my expense. Who sells perfect working parts that is a marine repair facility and then offers to rebuild them if there was originally NOTHING wrong with them when he sold them???

Once I spoke with a attorney and found it would be too expensive to pursue I've since sold the assemblies for parts at a loss to a local shop. Washed my hands of it and no longer wish to deal with it. I've done my part to warn people so they don't get burned and wish to move on.

Last edited by Irishtornado; 05-17-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.