Beware of '38 Top Gun on Ebay >

Beware of '38 Top Gun on Ebay

Notices

Beware of '38 Top Gun on Ebay

Old 07-31-2014, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by HUMMERH1
You Know what? you're a BULL****TER, its easy to talk **** about people, you just don't have the money to buy this Boat, you were wrong and EBAY put your account in bad standing because you're a liar, that's why you had to change your account, My Ebay account will stay like that because I have nothing to hide, you take people for ride, we enjoy this Boat everyday in Ontario and I will continue to enjoy it until its sold, ( People be careful with this guy) don't do business with him, he'll put you in trouble with all is lies, he's not even MAN enough to call and try to arrange things, he just make his wife call for Him!! LOL
NO MONEY NO CANDY BODDY
You are an idiot! You list something for sale in Florida and it's in another country yet you still think you are right? Get a clue you shady curb monkey vehicle flipper.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You Know what? you're a BULL****TER, its easy to talk **** about people, you just don't have the money to buy this Boat, you were wrong and EBAY put your account in bad standing because you're a liar, that's why you had to change your account, My Ebay account will stay like that because I have nothing to hide, you take people for ride, we enjoy this Boat everyday in Ontario and I will continue to enjoy it until its sold, ( People be careful with this guy) don't do business with him, he'll put you in trouble with all is lies, he's not even MAN enough to call and try to arrange things, he just make his wife call for Him!! LOL
NO MONEY NO CANDY BODDY
Ummmmm also..... I have the same account on Ebay....good standing.... Do you just say anything to try to validate yourself?
Old 07-31-2014, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having now heard both sides of this story, I think it went down pretty much like Local99 originally posted.. Instead of posting "his" side of the story with facts, the seller has just resorted to calling the OP names. This is a common behavior of someone who has been called out on his BS. The fact that the boat is listed in FL and is actually in Canada is a huge deal. If I had bought this boat, sight unseen (as I have done two previous times) then expected to pay $2500-$3000 (or what ever it cost to transport it from FL to my state) and then found out the boat was actually sitting in Canada, I would want out of the transaction immediately (fortunately the OP never wired or gave this guy a dime). Add to that, it sounds like the person selling the boat isn't even on the title....... Taking the financing/certified check/wire transfer out of the equation and this deal still smells fishy

Last edited by low_psi; 07-31-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
would that boat fall under the catagory of "american goods returning" since it was mfg in the us? anyone know?
It should... yes. Here is the form. Pretty straightforward and simple.

http://forms.cbp.gov/pdf/CBP_Form_3311.pdf
Old 07-31-2014, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
would that boat fall under the catagory of "american goods returning" since it was mfg in the us? anyone know?
I was talking to a new (to him) boat owner recently and he purchased a 2007 Formula from Ontario and brought it back to U.S.A.. He said boat was re-entering the country of manufacture so he filled out a form and was not charged a certain tax. I do not know if this covered all the taxes associated with importing.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:50 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Having now heard both sides of this story, I think it went down pretty much like Local99 originally posted.. Instead of posting "his" side of the story with facts, the seller has just resorted to calling the OP names. This is a common behavior of someone who has been called out on his BS. The fact that the boat is listed in FL and is actually in Canada is a huge deal. If I had bought this boat, sight unseen (as I have done two previous times) then expected to pay $2500-$3000 (or what ever it cost to transport it from FL to my state) and then found out the boat was actually sitting in Canada, I would want out of the transaction immediately (fortunately the OP never wired or gave this guy a dime). Add to that, it sounds like the person selling the boat isn't even on the title....... Taking the financing/certified check/wire transfer out of the equation and this deal still smells fishy
Oh yes... I have to agree.. everything about this sale smells bad..

1) Boat not in the location where it is claimed to be
2) Title in someone else's name besides seller
3) Request for immediate wire transfer..

it may not be a scam per se, but there's definitely some sketchy stuff here for sure.

As an aside, while I know probably many people have done it successfully, I think buying a boat from eBay is a really bad idea unless a) you have a ton of money and don't care, b) the cost of the boat is so marginal that it doesn't matter... By their nature, eBay sales usually require money from the buyer as soon as the auction is closed; a fertile breeding ground for scams. Being required to turn over a decent amount of money to a person you've never met for a boat you've never seen just seems foolish... to me at least...
Old 07-31-2014, 12:33 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 865 Likes on 318 Posts

NO MONEY NO CANDY BODDY
Weak...if you expect to be taken seriously on this forum you need to present facts and not garbage.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HyFive578
As an aside, while I know probably many people have done it successfully, I think buying a boat from eBay is a really bad idea unless a) you have a ton of money and don't care, b) the cost of the boat is so marginal that it doesn't matter... By their nature, eBay sales usually require money from the buyer as soon as the auction is closed; a fertile breeding ground for scams. Being required to turn over a decent amount of money to a person you've never met for a boat you've never seen just seems foolish... to me at least...
While my last two boats were bought without me physically inspecting, neither were from ebay...
Old 07-31-2014, 01:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
While my last two boats were bought without me physically inspecting, neither were from ebay...
Not making a judgement here..,that's just not something I could ever see myself doing. I wouldn't drop over 100 grand on anything and not look at it, boat or otherwise..
Old 07-31-2014, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 367 Likes on 211 Posts

Buying off E-Bay sight unseen is not that bad..... What's the worst, it has termites and you spend 4 years of your life working on a boat and spending more money on it than you paid for it........ Woops

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.