Chad Smoker Transmissions >

Chad Smoker Transmissions

Notices

Chad Smoker Transmissions

Old 09-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Chad Smoker Transmissions

He rebuilt a pr of 1500 Bam transmissions for me through a friend . During sea trial one fails trying to plane on the first try , she starts slipping . Chad says send them back I'll stand behind them and take care of it . Fast forward waited a year to hear that it's not his fault , come get your transmissions and bring me $1500 more for repairing them . I paid to have them installed in the boat , 2nd time I try and get on plane and transmission starts to slip . Boat now dead on my lift , major inconvenience to haul out and repair for the second time . Chad now is saying my mechanic doesn't know what he's doing . With the cost of paying Chad twice and two installations , this has been expensive and time consuming . He did say after he was told of the last failure to make sure , and send all the money I owed for the last rebuild . BUYER BEWARE . I'm paying since he did them for me through a friend , don't want to put my buddy in a bad position with this guy . But I'm not a happy customer and don't recommend him , everyone should tell their friends !!!!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

how can they fail? They bench test them(dyno) at Bam and Huber before they ship back.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

hate to say it but maybe you should have sent them to bam.i dont think i could pay a second time for a bad rebuild job.his name sais smoker transmission,hummmmm.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll play.
Why did they fail the initial time? The next time, why did he say "not my fault". Usually this is followed or preceeded by whose fault it is....
Shifter adjusted properly? Correct fluid level & type? Plumbing/cooler issue?
Not taking sides...just curious....
Old 09-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After 2 failures without an hours run time on either build I,d ask him why he says it,s not his fault. Ask him what failed on the first build specifically. I definately wouldn't pay him until I got a reasonable explaination of the first failure and not the excuse of your mechanic doesn't know what he's doing either. And it definately shouldn't have taken a year to build 2 transmissions either. Just my opinion though.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:56 AM
Registered

After 2 failures without an hours run time on either build I,d ask him why he says it,s not his fault. Ask him what failed on the first build specifically. I definately wouldn't pay him until I got a reasonable explaination of the first failure and not the excuse of your mechanic doesn't know what he's doing either. And it definately shouldn't have taken a year to build 2 transmissions either. Just my opinion though.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I was using a spare set while I waited for him to stand behind his work and get them back , I shipped those out yesterday to Huber . I haven't had transmission problems in my 25 years of performance boating , till dealing with him . I always used Huber or Bam in the past , and will again in the future . And my mechanic is very qualified , also not impressed with Smoker's work . Posting this here is my only recourse with this guy .
Old 09-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Registered

It sounds like smoker doesn't know what he,s doing after 2 transmissions fail from the start. I wouldn't pay him another dime you payed once and got nothing out of the deal.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

I hate to hear stories like this. Of course we recommend they come back to us for repair. In addition to being a product it is also a process.

Regardless if I can help you figure it out let me know.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by notda1
he rebuilt a pr of 1500 bam transmissions for me through a friend . During sea trial one fails trying to plane on the first try , she starts slipping . Chad says send them back i'll stand behind them and take care of it . Fast forward waited a year to hear that it's not his fault , come get your transmissions and bring me $1500 more for repairing them . I paid to have them installed in the boat , 2nd time i try and get on plane and transmission starts to slip . Boat now dead on my lift , major inconvenience to haul out and repair for the second time . Chad now is saying my mechanic doesn't know what he's doing . With the cost of paying chad twice and two installations , this has been expensive and time consuming . He did say after he was told of the last failure to make sure , and send all the money i owed for the last rebuild . Buyer beware . I'm paying since he did them for me through a friend , don't want to put my buddy in a bad position with this guy . But i'm not a happy customer and don't recommend him , everyone should tell their friends !!!!
dont tell me,,for your fountain rite?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.