Notices

Stolen Bravos

Old 09-13-2014, 03:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Bravos

Well keep a look out for four bravo drives Stolen two of mine and two others. Mine were unique with dual coolers joined and down the zinc hole in center, imco -2 11/2 shafts bravo 30 props. Stolen from Cotys Marina inToms River NJ
Thanks Rich
Old 09-13-2014, 04:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RICHARD CUNY
Well keep a look out for four bravo drives Stolen two of mine and two others. Mine were unique with dual coolers joined and down the zinc hole in center, imco -2 11/2 shafts bravo 30 props. Stolen from Cotys Marina inToms River NJ
Thanks Rich
The guy I bought my 38 from last year had his bravos stolen from the exact same place around the same time of the season. Seems like quite a coincidence... things that you make you go hmmmm...
Old 09-13-2014, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

The bad part is I was going to do the Hudson Run and one last club event to AC next week. I have kept my boat there four years and never heard of a loss before.
Rich
Old 09-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

The bad part is I was going to do the Hudson Run and one last club event to AC next week. I have kept my boat there four years and never heard of a loss before.
Rich
I live close by. Fischer Blvd is a very busy road, but if the boat was toward the back, there is plenty of privacy back there for guys to "work" on things at night. There is also a quiet dead end side road that adjoins the rear yard of the facility. It may be possible thieves are accessing the yard through the fence over there somewhere?

I recall hearing about the drive theft Hi5 mentioned last year as well.

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

I thought the AC Fun Run was this week/today?

Last edited by scarabman; 09-14-2014 at 06:30 AM. Reason: sp
Old 09-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rich
You might not hear about it if it were an inside job... hypothetically speaking of course..
Old 09-13-2014, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rich that sucks, will keep my ears open.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I was told today that someone stole two off a 36 Spectra at East Dover Marine 1/4 mile down the road with the drives facing the road. That takes balls.
Rich
Old 09-17-2014, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Might be worth checking with Rolfe at ProRoc and over at Kurts to see if anything got jacked over that way?

East Dover is similar to Coty in that it also has a quiet residential side road adjacent to the parking lot. While there is most always traffic in some form on Fischer, with a lookout, it is doable, obviously. Interestingly enough, many late nights would find a patrol unit from TR PD hanging in the parking lot of the fire house right next door.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by scarabman
Might be worth checking with Rolfe at ProRoc and over at Kurts to see if anything got jacked over that way?

East Dover is similar to Coty in that it also has a quiet residential side road adjacent to the parking lot. While there is most always traffic in some form on Fischer, with a lookout, it is doable, obviously. Interestingly enough, many late nights would find a patrol unit from TR PD hanging in the parking lot of the fire house right next door.
I just came from Ralphs I dropped the boat off to be redone he has had no problem.
Thanks Rich
Old 09-17-2014, 12:53 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Just saying watch out for listings on Craiglists for Marine apps that are stolen. Also if you could ask around to see what marine techs who have lost there jobs / fired / or went out of business that have free and easy access to most marinas. More common than you think as they can be the thieves.

Also ask all marine techs in the area as they might have some of the stolen parts, The real thieves hit them up to buy the stolen items knowing their is a great market for used parts and quick cash. Small marine shops are always looking for good clean used parts to sell (not saying they are thieves) but can get hit up to buy the stolen parts. Also some marine techs can be in on the stolen parts operation. Again not uncommon.

I use to get hit up about once a year for example - small outboard motors and props and lower units, I would ask that person, where and what is these parts off of and for the outboard motors where is the title. A lot times the thief did not have the answers so I told them I do not buy possible stolen goods. They would most of the time just leave in a hurry but like nothing happened or acted like I was now wasting their time.

Last edited by BUP; 09-17-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.