Hypothetical rip off?!! >

Hypothetical rip off?!!

Notices

Hypothetical rip off?!!

Old 10-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree that he shouldn't be allowed to sell here.
Also, I think he should be left an accurate feedback detailing this BS.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 736 Likes on 331 Posts

Commandersander seems to lack some common sense. His huge error with this transaction in attempting to portray the buyer as the bad guy was dumb. This while he's trying to liquidate a bunch of boat parts in the swap section. Going back to his misfortune when he had the towing incident also showed his lack of comon sense, why would you operate your boat without insurance ? Dumb !
Old 10-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts

The seller is an a s s h o l e. Period. To advertise that rusted useless inverter as NIB is preposterous. He didn't even have the common sense to take 5 minutes with Windex and a paper towel to clean the unit up a little. This guy would be banned from the entire site if were in my control.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^

x2
Old 10-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pasquesi
The seller is an a s s h o l e. Period. To advertise that rusted useless inverter as NIB is preposterous. He didn't even have the common sense to take 5 minutes with Windex and a paper towel to clean the unit up a little. This guy would be banned from the entire site if were in my control.
I posted earlier I was done with this thread but I have to say I disagree with this portion of your reply
Just because a guy misrepresnted something and tried to twist the facts there are other manners of addressing it such as feedback score or starting a thread detailing the situation.
I don't hold anything against him except misrepresentation and stubborness of owning up.
However if there was something he was selling I'd make double dog sure there were many pictures before I commited to the purchase, and if it happened again then such a drastic action as banning should be considered.
Just my .02

See ya,
Kelly
Old 10-29-2014, 04:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Another fine example of why clear pictures should be a requirement in the swap shop.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Registered

Wow.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd like to apologize to daleroger for jumping on the bandwagon before hearing both sides of the story.

Secondly, I'd suggest the following simple 3 step process to anyone selling in swap shop.

1. Take a good look at what you're selling, get introspective, then ask yourself- "self, is this item a hunk of crap?.
2. List item condition appropriately. If its used, dirty, missing parts, or generally crappy, indicate such.
3. Follow through on things like shipping and communication.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Another fine example of why clear pictures should be a requirement in the swap shop.
You know whats funny but it ain't???
When I got burned as a seller there were good pic's posted and an accurate description.
It was simply an individual who milked it with a sob story of poor me I got burned.
Anyone who follows this board will remember this thread and that's what counts.

Note to Admin I'd suggest a sticky for members who have been caught with their britches down as a seller or buyer who stiffed a seller.
Post not only the screen name but their real name and the name of their hometown, this will assist members who don't follow the forums frequently by looking at the thread which always stays up before closing a deal.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 10-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I posted earlier I was done with this thread but I have to say I disagree with this portion of your reply
Just because a guy misrepresnted something and tried to twist the facts there are other manners of addressing it such as feedback score or starting a thread detailing the situation.
I don't hold anything against him except misrepresentation and stubborness of owning up.
However if there was something he was selling I'd make double dog sure there were many pictures before I commited to the purchase, and if it happened again then such a drastic action as banning should be considered.
Just my .02

See ya,
Kelly
For me, its a character thing. I my humble opinion, anybody who clearly tried to pass off a rusty piece of garbage as new in the box, then starts this nonsense thread, needs to go elsewhere. Onbiously not a good person. Yeah, I know, you guys went boating with him yada yada. Who cares. He tried to F somebody, and then tired to be clever when his pants were caught down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.