Grove Harbour Marina >

Grove Harbour Marina

Notices

Grove Harbour Marina

Old 03-17-2015, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grove Harbour Marina

Was down for the Key West Poker Run and had my boat stored and in and out service at Grove Harbour. Long story short, we returned from a great week in Key West, had the boat hauled and put on the wash rack. I gave it a good scrubbing and wipe down and look over for any damage. The yard crew did not have time to put it back on the trailer before I had to leave to catch a plane home.

My hauler picked it up the next morning and transported it to Ft. Myers where it stayed inside a conditioned warehouse at the Nor-Tech facility. When I got down a month later I found chips in the chines and scuff marks on the sides from the lifting straps. Repairs required wet sanding/buffing and some gelcoat/chip repair. Nothing too major but clearly caused by the lifting straps.

Needless to say I was not pleased with the response from Grove Harbour. Unfortunately for me I did not insist they put it on the trailer before leaving. Really didn't occur to me there would be an issue.
Since then I have heard other stories and Grove Harbour not accepting responsibility.

Anyone else had similar issues with Grove Harbour? Is this unusual or was I one of the lucky few?

Thanks
Old 03-18-2015, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry to hear about the issue at Grove. We use them 2-3 times a year for our boats as well as customer boats. NEVER experienced anything but great service. Did you talk to Alan about this or someone in the office?
Old 03-18-2015, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Had Grove Harbor sling my boat on/off the trailer and Alan himself was right there making sure everything went smooth and scratch-free.

We used towels between the sling straps and hullsides to keep boat safe, and his staff was helpful assisting us with flushing and washing. Good experience and attention to detail from a very busy marina. Will be back there next time for sure.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:43 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

It's imperative to use towels between the lift straps, right at the edges of the hull sides. I can't tell you how many boats I've seen messed like this due to not using them. Unfortunately, I think you got caught by someone in a hurry Lin, and they didn't take the time to do it right. Now, a month later; it's a bit too easy for them to cast off responsibility.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:13 AM
Racer
Racer

Used them many time for testing and commercial shoots and they have always gone above an beyond with there customer service
Old 03-19-2015, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

With Scotty standing there looking like Grizzly Adams I bet they do!!
Old 03-19-2015, 10:17 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinlan
With Scotty standing there looking like Grizzly Adams I bet they do!!
That is why the nicknamed Scotty and Marc Mongo and Precious. LOL
Old 04-25-2015, 10:55 AM
Registered

Interesting the emails or calls I got on this post but no one steps up online.. The common statement is "where else is there nearby??"..