Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Beware of Billy Boats >

Beware of Billy Boats

Notices

Beware of Billy Boats

Old 06-13-2017, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pad, maybe when the check clears Billy can send my refund.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:33 AM
Registered

Since you decided to try this in the court of public opinion I will take the time to respond . You started a thread asking about dual cooler bellhousings . I sent you PM saying " I have 2 KE dual cooler bellhousings and 8 plate coolers". When you called me I was very clear that they were USED and came off a pair of KE 850's. I told you that I was certain that the coolers were never on an engine that had a failure . I also told you that I know one of the rubber water hoses needed to be replaced . When you asked me how much money I would take for them I replied " I'll give you the bellhousings for $400 each and all the coolers for $100, total $900.
I then took an hour of my time to go take pictures for you which showed close ups of the parts and measurements that you were concerned with due to rear engine plate . You were concerned about the measurement so much that I went back to my warehouse to take better pics for you. At that time you needed covers for your Gil sea strainers which by coincidence I had 2 brand new covers . I gave you the covers for an additional $50 for the pair. You paid in full though pay pal . When I dropped the package to one of the places I own to ship there was a delay in shipping . I was unaware of the delay because i rarely go to that location . When I was informed the package did not ship I offered to you to send it Next Day Air at my own expense . You said that it wasn't necessary.
3 weeks later you sent me a text saying " after disassembling and cleaning 2 of the coolers and covers are too far gone to use and the others are marginal at best"
I replied "do they leak?"
You responded " I didn't bother to check them , they just look bad so I don't want to put them on my new engines"
My response, " I'm sorry they are no good , send them back and I will refund your money"
You sent back only the coolers and covers which have been disassembled and sand blasted , all of the associated hardware is missing( AN fittings, cooler retaining nuts, o rings) the coolers all pressure tested and have no leaks.
When you contacted me to tell me that the parts arrived to a marina which I own but spend VERY little time there, I told you that I was expecting return of all the parts including the bellhousings for a
Full refund including shipping cost . You expect a $400 refund for the less valuable parts that you didn't like. I explained to you that I sold you the bellhousings at half the price of new and gave you 4 coolers and covers for $100.
You expect a refund of $400 for the coolers and keep the bellhousings at a cost to you of $200 each. So as I told you send EVERYTHING back and I will refund all of your money . I gave you a package deal. There is NO WAY I'm giving you a KE dual cooler housing for $200. So here I say it publicly you have 3 choices
1. $100 refund for coolers and covers
2. I send the coolers and covers back to you which are in usable condition
3. You send back bellhousings and I refund all your money including shipping.

The 4 hours I have spent on trying to help out a fellow boater have cost me more than the original purchase .
Now as for your derogatory comments about me and my character , I have bought , sold, and GIVEN more things on OSO then you could ever fathom . It's funny how not a single person has joined you in your opinion of me. But you have succeeded in 1 thing , I will be less generous with my time , knowledge, and items to people I don't know . Please tell me which of the 3 options you would like to proceed with .
Old 06-14-2017, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't matter how much you give. Always someone who is unhappy. That's why I am consistently a a sshole. Everyone knows what they get with me. No let downs ever!
Old 06-14-2017, 10:42 AM
Registered

Default Billy Boats

Billy, it's unfortunate that it took a post like this to get a definitive response. Apparently we have a different recollection of what the original item pricing was, and a difference of opinion of what you meant by "send them back". Neither of us has a way to prove the difference of opinions so it's a matter of he said / he said. The total for for 4 new coolers and covers was ~$1200, so based on the condition of the parts that I received I'd say $100 is about all they're worth. Half price bell housings that needed no work and had "no corrosion" wouldn't be a bad deal but that wasn't the case. Unfortunately I can't send the bell housings back because they've already been stripped, repaired and re-anodized. As for the strainer covers, they absolutely were not "brand new", no way, shape or form. I spent 2 nights sanding and buffing them to remove all of the scratches and nicks from their former life. I also bought new knobs and o-rings to complete a package that was supposed to be new. Like the bell housings I made them work but nothing arrived as described. Perhaps I should have asked more questions and asked for more pictures but I didn't think I needed to based on your enthusiasm for the condition. You have the money and parts, refund whatever you think is fair and we'll move on
Old 06-14-2017, 09:02 PM
Registered

I am confused your first post stated he had all the parts and all the money. Then your next post stated he had half the parts and all the money. Then the story goes you have the bellhousings and returned coolers ? And you cant return the bellhousings because you put work into them. Send them back and get your money. I do know Billy very well if you sent all the parts back from the beginning I am sure you would have gotten your money back. We boat in salt water, parts will show corrosion. New is New pay the price.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:47 AM
Registered

I never said he had all the parts. Yes I put a lot of work into fixing something that was described as no or zero corrosion. Where you boat is irrelevant. If he wants to pay for the repair he can have the bellhousings back and I will buy new.

Last edited by ezrizer; 06-16-2017 at 11:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

If you do work on the parts you own them IMO.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:56 AM
Registered

Considering I paid for the bell housings I figure I do in fact own them. Unfortunately without the work they were useless. My intention was not to return the bell housings and I never complained about their condition although I feel I had a right too considering they were described as "no corrosion". I simply asked him if he had any other coolers or covers in better condition and after a brief text conversation he said send them back and I'll send your money back. Since we had never had any discussions what so ever about the not so "no corrosion" bell housings and our original deal included separate pricing for the coolers / covers / bellhousings it seemed logical to just return the specific parts we were discussing. In the mean time I dealt with the corrosion damage on the bell housings the best way I could. If I knew I was paying $800 for bell housings that needed work I would have sent them back too. Since I thought I was only paying $400 I figured it was worth the investment to repair them and move on. Now that they've been repaired it's easy for him to say just send them back. Everything was cordial up to the point that we confirmed he had the returned parts and I inquired about the refund. At that point everything went south and to this day, a month since he got the parts back, I still can't get this resolved one way or the other. I've been prompt on every aspect of this deal however like every other part of this deal I'm still waiting on Billy Boat.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

This story is getting hard to follow....

Money is money but you're not talking about life changing amounts, I'd suggest taking option 2 or 3 which Billy Boats proposed ("2. I send the coolers and covers back to you which are in usable condition 3. You send back bellhousings and I refund all your money including shipping.").

Both parties accept what they believe to be their losses and you move on. It's not worth dragging out and I'm not sure it even justifies a thread here.

You're an experienced boater, boats always cost us money, is this disagreement really worth the effort?

RR
Attached Thumbnails Beware of Billy Boats-img_6897.png  

Last edited by rak rua; 06-17-2017 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:58 AM
Registered

Yes RR the whole thing is ridiculous and your points are well taken. Bottom line is he has the all the money plus some of the parts and I have even more money and time in the remaing parts to make them useable. At this time 1500 people are aware of this. I never demanded anything before or after this thread started and have been completely open to working out a fair compromise. Whether I'm out $100 or $400 the fact remains that if you deal with BB, based on my experience, you will be waiting and you might be out some money unless you go to ridiculous lengths. If any of those 1500 people are considering dealing with him they now know what might be in store, I wish I'd I've seen this post before hand. Hopefully this will prevent some else from being out $100, $400 or $225,000.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.