Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Warning!!  Surveyor Ed Cozzi (Performance Marine Surveyors, Inc.) >

Warning!! Surveyor Ed Cozzi (Performance Marine Surveyors, Inc.)

Notices

Warning!! Surveyor Ed Cozzi (Performance Marine Surveyors, Inc.)

Old 07-17-2017, 11:25 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by klawans
The fact that I setup the transport prior to scheduling the survey is irrelevant. My issue is Ed jerked me around...led me on that everything was fine and he could get it done...for a week. All he had to say is, "I just don't have the time" and that would have been perfectly fine.

I reiterate he seemed like the nicest guy in the world. Each time he would answer his phone, he wasn't acting like I was a pain in the ass. He was totally friendly...almost like he was happy to hear from me...and then would ask to call me right back.

No point in continuing the debate. If Ed (who has still yet to call me) wants to explain his actions, I'll be happy to delete this post. But until he does, my experience with him is important to share with anyone considering working with him.
I agree with you here no matter of the name and any great reputation. And whether this is your first post or the 10,000 post. I just followed behind a big name boat repair place and had the boat OWNER right with me as I was showing him all the faults this big name shop missed on his twin application after so called his boat was to be 100 percent turn key. It was not even close. I understand exactly where you coming from. I run a really extremely tight ship and one of the reasons I can not get employees. I do not put up with people lame azz excuses or lack of communications and or lazy lack of follow ups
Old 07-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
part of a man's integrity is his word, I'll call you back ( multiple times according to the OP ) never did.
^^^Note: According to the OP^^^......... There also seems to be a lack of rationale on his side of the story, if I got blown off I would move on to another option. The OP's rant seems to be unwarranted in this case. The secondary part of the story about the deadline/shipping seems like there is more to the story.......everybody had to rush to put this deal together since the OP scheduled too much in a short time period........Maybe Ed saw this whole job as a hassle......

To me the beware and stolen section should be reserved for people that were screwed over in a financial sense, not people that didn't get a return phone call.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:51 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

There is never a good excuse for not returning a new customer's call.....
Old 07-18-2017, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
for one is, I never mentioned a price - and 2 if you think even a clip board survey is 500 to 700 bucks, that is wrong. 3 is the op said he was paying for flights and for car and prob place to stay and prob meals and the price of the survey also - so all of that sounds like a 3500 bill to me if not more.

Next if one is buying a 40 k and above used boat and thinks a 500 to 700 dollar survey is going to be your ticket for a great survey and with any depth LMFAO and good luck with that one.

Since the reply of most do not carry mics and so forth - what does OSO members consider a survey to be ? What like this - carpet is dirty, seat base loose on pass seat, bow lite does not work, engine looks to be clean and I see no oil leaks in the bilge. Motor oil looks clean and full. Hull has scratch on port side. WOW what a great way to buy a used boat. So lets see the survey reports and the price since I am way off base here. .

I did not get a full mechanical cause I didn't ask for one and didn't feel the boat needed one. That said I got a full detailed report of equipment, hull, electronics, Sea trail, blemishes, RPM and HR report, and etc.

Again I had seen the boat 1 time for 5 minutes on a rack and then left the country on Vaca, Ed and Randy Sweers took care of the rest and it was 100% as they wrote and represented the boat. I came back and Randy had delivered the boat to a friend for me as well for storage and everything was great!

Last edited by Nate5.0; 07-18-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
^^^Note: According to the OP^^^......... There also seems to be a lack of rationale on his side of the story, if I got blown off I would move on to another option. The OP's rant seems to be unwarranted in this case. The secondary part of the story about the deadline/shipping seems like there is more to the story.......everybody had to rush to put this deal together since the OP scheduled too much in a short time period........Maybe Ed saw this whole job as a hassle......

To me the beware and stolen section should be reserved for people that were screwed over in a financial sense, not people that didn't get a return phone call.

100% agree on that point.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Boat surveys like home inspections please the insurance companies and mortgage lenders. If I were buying a used boat I'd seek out a very good reputable mechanic.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
part of a man's integrity is his word, I'll call you back ( multiple times according to the OP ) never did.
Think of all the girls you've said that to (I'll call you back). Integrity?
Old 07-18-2017, 11:56 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Boat surveys like home inspections please the insurance companies and mortgage lenders. If I were buying a used boat I'd seek out a very good reputable mechanic.
I totally agree 1000 percent. And in the OP first post he did call out for a PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION and that's why I am asking why use a surveyor. I do not know one surveyor that ever sat in any of the OEM engine training classes to adapt their knowledge base nor became a certified OEM engine tech. If my AC at the house needs to be looked at, I am not going to call a home surveyor, I am going to call upon a certified AC tech. That's my point in a nut shell.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Or Folks like me that got next to no time with their boat but wanted to make sure it was how it was represented.

To me that was the Best $630 spent......want to talk about a rip off then we can talk about performance boat driving schools, their cost, and that insurance forces some folks into them. The survey though...money well spent.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I totally agree 1000 percent. And in the OP first post he did call out for a PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION and that's why I am asking why use a surveyor. I do not know one surveyor that ever sat in any of the OEM engine training classes to adapt their knowledge base nor became a certified OEM engine tech. If my AC at the house needs to be looked at, I am not going to call a home surveyor, I am going to call upon a certified AC tech. That's my point in a nut shell.
Cause not everyone that buys a boat is an expert on them.

I honestly don't see what is so hard to understand in that part of it. Yes there is many here that don't need that but I can tell you there is more folks who do cause they have zero clue about boats but want it cause it looks pretty. For sub $1k on what is usually a $50k+ purchase I think you are dumb not to do one unless you are in part of the biz.

Also banks FORCE people to, just like buying a used car, your insurance company wants to see it to make sure it is as advertised.

As I said, I was very happy with my report, it was 7 pages long, detailed, came with video, pictures, and a detail of everything. There was NOTHING hidden and the boat was 100% as described.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.