Notices

Beware endeavour32

Old 09-12-2017, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

A 12.5 x12.5 x6 usps priority mail flat rate box is $11.95

Are you guys really arguing about $12 bucks? My lunch cost more than that.......

$11.95 is costing Endeavour how much in future sales??

$11.95 is costing Viper $588.05

Is being right worth that much? Have either of you been married???

Last edited by phragle; 09-12-2017 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by 90viper
Hello RR hope all is well abroad. It's really not about the freight anymore but more about my purchase experience with this seller. It's about doing the right thing for the right reason. What if this was a large misrepresented purchase. Enjoy and safe boating
I know the money won't break either one of you and it's more about principles but your point has been made, there's been a rebuttal and it's all on record. If it were me, I'd be trying to wind it up. (without prejudice)

All is well here, thank you for your thoughts. I do like my daily OSO fix, helps keep in touch with the bigger boating world, rebuilds, good questions, dumb questions, photos, newbies, racing, bickering, new boats, monster hp etc, etc. Gotta love it!

RR
Old 09-13-2017, 03:27 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I see a pattern developing where people make whatever claims they want when selling something then later when it's found to be false blaming it on the person that owned it before them. 90viper didn't buy it from the guy you bought it from, he bought it from you and you misrepresented it. Doesn't make any difference if it was accidental or intentional. You made the statement and the statement was wrong and this guy doesn't want the 10 or 20 year old carb that you claimed was only a year old. Refund the money and relist it with the more accurate description of you don't know what the f+ck it is. Why should 90viper be out any money at all because of dealings you had with someone else over this carb?
Old 09-13-2017, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
I see a pattern developing where people make whatever claims they want when selling something then later when it's found to be false blaming it on the person that owned it before them. 90viper didn't buy it from the guy you bought it from, he bought it from you and you misrepresented it. Doesn't make any difference if it was accidental or intentional. You made the statement and the statement was wrong and this guy doesn't want the 10 or 20 year old carb that you claimed was only a year old. Refund the money and relist it with the more accurate description of you don't know what the f+ck it is. Why should 90viper be out any money at all because of dealings you had with someone else over this carb?
This x1000.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by bck

Thats because the economy, the market and non-reality tv has created more flippers than a pod of dolphins....
Old 09-13-2017, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

There were pictures of the carb, the was model number listed, and there was nothing wrong with it. I did not state a build date, I was not asked what the build date was. If that fact was so important it should have been asked. This was not sold as new, and it was less than half the price of a new carb. $550 shipped for a lightly used Dominator was a good deal. I covered the shipping ($20 fed ex) when asked to do so, with the sale. I laugh at guys posting "I would never use a carb that old" Why? Seems classic cars with 100 year old carbs run just fine. I don't see people running to replace their holley carbs on their classic muscle cars. If anything they go to great lengths to keep them. Either way, this isn't an old carb that is out dated.

If I buy a carb and go to sell it, or anything else for that matter, it's not my job to become an expert in that item. I will list it, and to the best of my ability, describe it as accurately as possible. Where is it the responsibility of the buyer, to ask the correct questions or any questions in this case? There are countless things I have bought, that have had issues that needed to be fixed. Did the prior owner know about them? Maybe, maybe not, that's the gamble you take when buying something used.

With the heads that were sold and seem to have been not as claimed. Was I to take them to a shop have them disassembled to verify what I was told was true? Typically if there is an issue with something I sell, I will take it back, but I'm not paying for shipping both ways. Almost no brick and mortar stores operate like that, and neither do I. Once again, there was not one question asked about that carb.

I'll use the last two purchases I made for my boat. My engines and the boat it self. The was was advertised as solid no rot. Yet two of the bulkheads in the cabin need to be replaced due to rot, all of the tabbing on the bulk heads in the cabin are pulled from the hull sides, and it appears the transom is rotten, which the prior owner clearly knew about. However, I inspected the boat, found one rotten bulk head, and suspected the transom was bad prior to buying the boat. Did I come on here, ranting and raving about how I want a refund, how the boat was misrepresented and then keep posting about it like a little baby? No, I'll fix it, and in the end have a great boat.

My new engines. They cost a way more than the boat, and way more than that carb. Are they as described, so far they seem to be, but if I waned to be a cry baby, I could complain about how the powder coating is bubbling on the valve covers, on one of the engines. Or the fact that they were shipped with oil in them and that one of them leaked oil and I may be getting charged for the clean up. I could start a post and complain about all of this, but I'm not. The engines are used, not new, and due to that fact they will not be perfect. There maybe a sensor that needs to be replaced, or an injector, maybe the intercoolers need new cores. Who knows until it's inspected and tested, of which the prior owner did not do, nor did I request. If I open it up and find an eagle crank instead of a Crower crank is it his fault? NO, he wasn't the original owner. Eickert used top shelf parts in his engine and that is what I am is expecting is there, but that doesn't mean that is what is there. It's a gamble, or I could have just forked over $100k and bought new engines and been guaranteed what is there. Point of the story is used is used, the price is cheaper, but that cheaper price comes with a set of unknowns and risks. If you are unwilling to accept those risks, then buy new. End of story.

I have a set of #5 drives on the way, they were sold as completely rebuilt with zero hours, and transmissions modified to handle 1000 hp. When I get them and inspect them am I going to find something I don't like about the drives, trannies, boxes, steering. You bet i will, I asked about 50 questions, multiples requests for receipts, pictures, etc. Now I could have spent again, $100k on new #6 drives, or saved a ton like I did and bought used. Now if I get them and they are worn out and sloppy, or just stock velvet drives will I do something legally, yes. Otherwise, I know I'll find something wrong. Did I ask what year they were made? No, because I could careless, and if I make a big deal out of something that I never asked in the first place then that is my problem.

There is a shop in Milwaukee I like to go, to to get parts. The name is Kendor Marine. It doesn't matter what you buy, there are no refunds, other than store credit. This is on all items. Yet, somehow, on a used item, I'm to not only refund for any reason, but also eat all the shipping costs, so on this deal I'm expected to eat $40. I'm not eating all the costs, because a buyer didn't ask any questions on an item and then decides he wants to return it, then claims it's 30 years old because it's stamped 1188l. So he too, doesn't know how to read the date stamp on the side of the carb, because that 88 does not mean 1988.

I have a set of 420 engines I just sold. I didn't like the way the heads looked on one engines so I pulled both and had them completely gone though and rebuilt. I could have left them as is, if I was a crook, but I'm not.

I've sold probably 200+ things on here over the years, 99% of those sales have resulted in happy customers. In fact I found out about this post from a happy customer telling me I was getting roasted on here over something I sold. Quite a few guys I've become friends with on here, were first buyers of something I sold. You know what, if out of 200 items, I have a few people that complain, so be it. If their buddies want to hop in and pile on, go for it. I'm an honest seller, list accurately, and did offer a refund in this case. Will Viper get a refund from me, absolutely not, not after all of this. So keep posting if it makes you feel better, the item you bought from me was not only a good deal, but also a good carb.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

bottom line,add said 1 YEAR OLD CARB.is this a true statement?NO IT IS NOT.that is the problem and no words can change that.viper could care less about anything ever sold to anybody else,he only is concerned about this sale.pretty simple for most to understand! for the record,i do not know viper and before he got lied to about this carb i never heard of him but right is right and wrong is wrong.

Last edited by mike tkach; 09-13-2017 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
bottom line,add said 1 YEAR OLD CARB.is this a statement?NO IT IS NOT.that is the problem and no words can change that.viper could care less about anything ever sold to anybody else,he only is concerned about this sale.pretty simple for most to understand!
Bottom line- it was used for 1 year, as in last year. It was a year old. Carbs are not boat or cars so don't even start in on how a 88 boat is not a 2016. Tread lightly Mike, there are a host of people ready to come after you on shady dealings. One of which sent you a text which I was copied on a few weeks ago. So don't go around puffing your chest acting like Mr. Honest Seller, because this carb deal is nothing to your deals!
Old 09-13-2017, 08:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Bottom line- it was used for 1 year, as in last year. It was a year old. Carbs are not boat or cars so don't even start in on how a 88 boat is not a 2016. Tread lightly Mike, there are a host of people ready to come after you on shady dealings. One of which sent you a text which I was copied on a few weeks ago. So don't go around puffing your chest acting like Mr. Honest Seller, because this carb deal is nothing to your deals!
BOTTOM LINE,ADD SAID ONE YEAR OLD CARB,IT DID NOT SAY USED FOR ONE YEAR SO YOU DID MISREPRESENT.AND IF I WERE YOU I WOULD NOT START ANY LIES ABOUT MY DEALINGS,IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING FACTUIAL,POST IT,IF NOT YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY!i do not do shady deals,never did and never will,yes mike i am honest and i will be more than glad to post up the names of people i have delt with that will back up my honesty.i am not suprised that you would try to make me look dishonest but you are barking up the wrong tree,your attempt to make me look like the bad guy will not change the way you are viewed around here.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:02 AM
Registered

mike,please post the text you are talking about,i got no such text so i have no idea what you are talking about so bring it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.