Notices

Beware "Daveshore"

Old 09-29-2017, 10:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

How did you send the money?
If it was from your bank to his bank, maybe your bank can check it out. Just a thought........?

I know Visa is different but I have a current visa dispute over goods not supplied and visa have credited me the full amount while they pursue the other party.

Worth trying something, good luck.

RR
Old 09-30-2017, 01:16 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Similar thing happened just a few months ago. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...wanted-ad.html

Scammers have invaded OSO and there is really nothing OSO can do to prevent it.
Members need to be cautious when sending money to unknown people.

I will ban this guy too, but its near impossible to keep them from coming back with a new screen name. They change IP's as well.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
How did you send the money?
If it was from your bank to his bank, maybe your bank can check it out. Just a thought........?

I know Visa is different but I have a current visa dispute over goods not supplied and visa have credited me the full amount while they pursue the other party.

Worth trying something, good luck.

RR

here is a c/p from one message:

Goran - Let's do it this way. Since you are not familiar with Money gram. Send the money straight to my account. Below is my bank wire information

Bank Name : Woodforest Bank
Bank address: 1701 West FM 646, League City, TX 77573, USA
Account Name : Shannon D Boykin
Account # : 1117374361
Rounting # : 113008465
Holders Address: 608 Ivory Stone Ln, League City, TX 77573
Phone Number: 281-817-4255

Please include a copy of Bank receipt once payment is transferred. I'll ship once i get a hold of the payment.

Thanks,
Shannon

this is what got me, payment on personal account..

i payed only 275$ from my company account becouse of costums fees when importing from US. (Payment confirmation on 275$ would be ok for some old used seats, and then add 50% on that price for costums)

pictures from old thread, asking for money from another member paralel with me was obvious scam

Also just at this moment he cant send me his ID, etc...
Old 09-30-2017, 03:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woodforest Bank is the bank company owned by and co-located inside of Wal-Mart stores in the US, it is real. You should contact them via phone ASAP because they may be able to help. Searching that ABA Routing # shows that to be Woodforest Bank as well, https://routingnumber.aba.com/Search1.aspx

League City TX is located in Galveston County and according to Galveston Count Tax records at https://propaccess.trueautomation.co...prop_id=432578 the property doesn't belong to that person named above (not surprising.)

This business of people joining forums and scamming people wanting to buy stuff is an old trick, we have seen it for years in the hot rod and race car forums. Don't buy stuff from people with no post history via email only and then use bank wires to pay.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If someone says they don't have paypal in 2017 and they are trying to sell something on the internet, chances are they are crooks. Not everyone, there are some old school folks out there. And sure there are plenty who don't want to use PP because of the fees involved.... But, in your case where one guy says a friend has them and then the "friend" contacts you to send him a deposit.... That screams scam. FYI, you can send anyone money via Paypal. If they don't have an account, once you send them money to their email address, they will get an email stating they have money. They can then set up an account and if they don't want to link their bank, PP will send them a check. If they don't want to absorb the 3% fee, add it to the amount your sending. Unless you know the person or they have a stellar track record never use Friends/Family/Gift as that is the same as sending cash. I'm Sorry you got screwed, unfortunately that was a $275 lesson....

Last edited by low_psi; 10-06-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Just for the record, PayPal scammed me for $1400 a few years ago and I would NEVER use their service again. Thy claimed that I POTENTIALLY violated their terms of service agreement, which I didn't, and they confiscated the money in my account in case there was any future litigation required. There has to be a better way.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I also got rid of paypal years ago. They don't need to get a cut of every transaction. They aren't used to sell on Amazon.