Beware of Richys Custom Paint & Richy_Rich_Airbrush & Richy_Rich_RCP >

Beware of Richys Custom Paint & Richy_Rich_Airbrush & Richy_Rich_RCP

Notices

Beware of Richys Custom Paint & Richy_Rich_Airbrush & Richy_Rich_RCP

Old 01-25-2018, 04:17 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Unbelievable. You da man Rob...a guy ruins your baby and he's still alive. I'd love to have judgement that strong lol. Can't wait to see it when its done (for real this time).
Old 01-25-2018, 06:08 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

From the looks of it he woulda f'd it up if he was only painting it white. Jesus.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
From the looks of it he woulda f'd it up if he was only painting it white. Jesus.
You should have brought the Skater by and say you want to repaint it with one of his killer designs. Get him all amped up, let the BS flow. Get a timeline all set for a Monday drop off then when he calls and asks where the boat is tell him you saw this thread and decided to get your boat done elsewhere.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:12 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You should have brought the Skater by and say you want to repaint it with one of his killer designs. Get him all amped up, let the BS flow. Get a timeline all set for a Monday drop off then when he calls and asks where the boat is tell him you saw this thread and decided to get your boat done elsewhere.
Strangely enough I had been in contact with him about painting the tank on my chopper. Had a fuel leak and needed the repaired area matched up as well as possible and he was an airbrush expert. This was right when Rob got his boat home and the truth came out. Needless to say the tank went elsewhere.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kilo
He posted this last night on FB: "We at RCP haven't taken in any large projects due to the fact that I've been going to 2 sport-boat companies and painting their boats on location to save them time and money so we haven't been available to schedule any new work. You can guess who the companies are that contacted me,.....Don't Worry, I'm subcontracting!!! LOL both are famous in the industry, you'll just have to wait and see what comes next!!!! If this keep up I'll have to close the shop to keep up, the boats are big and highly detailed".

Would be interesting to know who he's painting for??
That immediately caught my attention too! I read that as a “We can’t make it on our own, so we are going to work for someone!” type of announcement. It reminds me of the restaurants that have a note on the door that says, “Closed for remodeling”. However, they never seem to reopen. Richly is all over FB with positive customer testimonials and posts about how well his jobs hold up. It appears that couldn’t be any further from the truth!

Rob, I’m sorry to hear about your deal. In the end you’ll have an awesome boat and a hell of a story!
Old 01-26-2018, 06:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Thanks guys, Its all fine and in good hands, he posted this morning it was too big of a job fo him, however when he took it in he knew there were stress cracks where every cig gets them. the sub work was slotted to go to Renegade, he says they said no. ok fine at that point he should have called me and said we need to find another shop to do this as i dont want to paint over them, then the 2 other boats came in and all he saw was cash and he lowballed them to make quick cash and got burnt, when he told me the glass work went from 8k-12k my response was well,"thats more than i thought but ok, want it done right" ill continue my thread Andy and the guys are starting to strip it any day now.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Thanks guys, Its all fine and in good hands, he posted this morning it was too big of a job fo him, however when he took it in he knew there were stress cracks where every cig gets them. the sub work was slotted to go to Renegade, he says they said no. ok fine at that point he should have called me and said we need to find another shop to do this as i dont want to paint over them, then the 2 other boats came in and all he saw was cash and he lowballed them to make quick cash and got burnt, when he told me the glass work went from 8k-12k my response was well,"thats more than i thought but ok, want it done right" ill continue my thread Andy and the guys are starting to strip it any day now.
While he did own up on his last post, he still blamed your budget in the end. Still using others instead of himself to take the fault.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
That immediately caught my attention too! I read that as a “We can’t make it on our own, so we are going to work for someone!” type of announcement. It reminds me of the restaurants that have a note on the door that says, “Closed for remodeling”. However, they never seem to reopen. Richly is all over FB with positive customer testimonials and posts about how well his jobs hold up. It appears that couldn’t be any further from the truth!
I suspect those two builders are trying to control the work quality, the hours spent on each job by requiring the work to be done on site. If they are on site 8-10 hours a day the work might get done vs. dropping a boat off and waiting for them to finish it. I suspect they can control material costs/labor costs much better also.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This hurts my heart to see such a nice boat done like that! Painters are an odd bunch. I know a few car painters who have laid down beautiful works for years working for other people but as soon as they get out on their own it all goes to crap. Sorry to see it go down like this, but I'll be looking forward to seeing the end result!
Old 01-26-2018, 10:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Even when he was painting for the Cig factory, his quality was good, but mediocre when compared to some of the other high-end painters.

Last edited by pm203; 01-26-2018 at 10:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
offshoredrillin (12-30-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.