beware of maritimedocumentation.us >

beware of maritimedocumentation.us

Notices

beware of maritimedocumentation.us

Old 04-25-2018, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts
Default beware of maritimedocumentation.us

A official looking letter came in today informing us on one of the documented boats is about to expire Receptionist filled it out on there website used the company
credit card thinking it was a division of the C.G. charged 75.00. 1/2 hour later i returned and noticed it was a third party. Called them and the guy said he would submit it to there
cancellation department. I received correspondence today stating that they would not refund us the funds.

Just thought people should know
heres is there website https://maritimedocumentation.us/
Old 04-25-2018, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Its a credit card, call them and dispute it....
Old 04-25-2018, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

ouch
https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...or-doc-1417004
Old 04-25-2018, 07:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I got the same letter, filed it in the drawer, a week later the Official letter came,
Old 04-25-2018, 07:28 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yearly Renewal of CG Documented Boat:

We have all received the “letter” in the mail that states it is time to renew your yearly Certificate of Documentation. I am going to show you a way to save money and encourage you to file it on your own.

I want to caution you to look at the renewal document and make sure it is from the Coast Guard before submitting your payment along with the form. The cost to renew is $26 if paid before the expiration date. There are companies that will send a very official looking letter that states your yearly documenting fee is due and tell you to fill out the form along with a payment that is more than the actual fee to renew. The higher fee includes the third party’s fee to do this for you, however, the renewal process is very simple for you to do and doesn’t cost a pretty penny.

The official Coast Guard renewal form will have the information already filled out for you and all you have to do is sign it and send it in along with a check for $26, again, before the expiration date.

There is a timeframe to submit your renewal. The Coast Guard allows up to 30 days after the expiration date to receive your renewal but will add a $5.00 late fee for a total fee of $31.00. On the 31st day, you will be required to resubmit an application for reinstatement plus a $100+ fee.
573-342-3400