Notices

CP Performance

Old 05-21-2021, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
Default CP Performance

Generally not the guy to write these but figured it might help another person or help straighten out some business practices. This all started back with an order placed in March to Hardin Marine which was split, some items shipping from Hardin, some items shipping from CP Performance. Prior to this I did not know of the relationship between the companies other than the websites looking similar. Oddly enough both arrived at my home on the same day, the Hardin Marine package was packed nicely all parts arrived in good condition, no issues. Then I open up the CP box, it looked like someone just threw the parts in, there was bolts and washers just bouncing around, dinging up some polished items, missing hardware and gobs of thread sealant one of the filter heads. This got me pretty upset because this was a $1300 order, and I am sure just like all of you, I work hard for our money and would appreciate the business I am spending money with taking care in the items that were bought. So I sent and email to the company explaining my concern and got a response a few days later like ' oh sounds like you might have got a item that was previously returned.' Lovely answer from someone that sounded like they didn't care. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, and caulking it up to someone not having the best day I moved on. Fast forward to April, I put another order into Hardin and again it was split, Half coming from Hardin, Half from CP. Once the items come in I realize I no longer needed, two of the items so I go through there process and get a RMA number put it all over the box and pay $53 to have the parts shipped from NY to Cali. Today I come home to find the box sitting on my door step with refused written on it. So I send an email back to Hardin asking what happen and I get a forwarded internal email from CP performance stating the the shipping guy Mike said the shipping was not paid, and he didn't like the way USPS wrote the To and From address on the box. I mean I thought the shipping information was useful for the shipper (USPS) to get the package from point A to point B which it worked fine for, but I guess CP performance needs it in a special format that they keep secret. I was thinking I should have sealed it with my family crest and some wax, maybe that was what it was missing. So again not completely sure of the relationship between Hardin marine and CP Performance, but the customer service @ CP is hurting Hardin. I have spent thousands with Hardin over the years and never had any issues, but recently the business farmed out to CP has left a sour taste in my mouth to the point where ill just have to give my business to someone else.

-Nick

Top Answer

11-18-2021, 06:51 PM
CPPerformance
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

We here at CP performance have run across this thread and wanted to shed some light on things. Yes CP and Hardin are cousins or sorts. We are owned by the same parent company that owns a number of brands in the marine industry. This is because we're committed to the marine industry. We don't have a sideline or Automotive arm were all in for the boating enthusiast. In that aspect, if we were not we would not be able to cross fulfil orders and expedite shipping from multiple locations in the USA as we do.

Yes, one facility is in California and one is in Florida as well as additional manufacturing in the Midwest allowing us the best crossover possible for shipping etc... Now to the nuts and bolts of this situation. Of course EVERYONE can use the excuse of covid, and yes it has taken a toll on our industry majorly between staff, logistics, material cost, shipping times and shipping COST... to this particular matter in the OP, I did take the time to track back as customer service is all we have in this industry these days.

The order appears to have been shipped back to our old location which we haven't been at for over three years. The package was then forwarded to our new location for which USPS demanded payment on delivery. Our shipping department did not have the means to pay for the delivery, nor could we make the USPS driver wait around until we had time to figure it out so unfortunately in this situation we had to refuse the package which caused the unfortunate series of events. Were not here to blame or make excuses we just have too large a volume of packages making its way through the building to track one off without a fear of them being displaced .For any or all of our faults we are regretful and apologize. We're regular people that have a huge passion for boating and were doing our very best everyday to make and improve everyone's experience with us. We are all only human and will always do our best to try to right the situations we are in control of. To all that support these companies we are grateful as it's been a very weary past couple of years trying to adapt to all of the staffing challenges this unprecedented time has brought. We're very grateful for all of you. You have our word, we're doing the best we can.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 1,205 Likes on 578 Posts

I stopped using CP years ago when they gouged me $30+ to ship a gasket in an envelope. With more internet purchases I hear their shipping rates are almost reasonable now, but I'm not going to try it again. On the other hand I had always had great customer service.
The following users liked this post:
buckknekkid (06-23-2021)
Old 05-22-2021, 01:36 AM
Registered

Received 507 Likes on 202 Posts

The relationship of both companies are that they are run by the same two people. Both companies Have a "Principal Address" of Santa Rosa, Cal. for their Corporate Annual Report...
Hardin Marine has a shop in Palm Coast, Fl. The president is Scott Price and the Vice President is Michael Mays.
CP Performance in Santa Rosa, the President Is Michael Mays and V.P. is Scott Price........ SO, if one outlet can't Help you, maybe the other can..... Just a thought.
The following users liked this post:
RedBoatFl (05-22-2021)
Old 05-22-2021, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks for the info. Not sure if the poor CS from CP is how the orders were placed but it seems like Hardin marine runs a tighter ship.

Nick
Old 05-22-2021, 07:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

I've generally had good luck with both although the other day I ordered some ignition box mounts, they came in unopened Hardin packaging, but one of the spacers was SS and the other wasn't. Not a big deal because I mounted them on some vibration dampeners instead and didn't use the spacers but it was still a strange oversight.

I'll hand it to them though when I was putting my closed cooling on they took the time to mock up a tall deck block to determine whether their standard system would bolt up or if they needed to fab a specialty exchanger.

Sorry you had bad luck.....
Old 05-22-2021, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Not a huge fan of either company. Only use them if I can’t find parts elsewhere...prices are astronomical. shipping is expensive and takes 2 weeks (CA to CT).

good luck
The following 2 users liked this post by 1MOSES1:
ICDEDPPL (05-25-2021), Padraig (06-23-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts

yeah, i don't know how these places stay in business with such horrid sites, shipping, and customer service. if amazon sold these parts they'd eat them alive.
The following 2 users liked this post by SabrToothSqrl:
1MOSES1 (06-18-2021), ICDEDPPL (05-25-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 09:45 AM
Registered

Another horrible experience with Hardin marine. No surprise.

ordered parts last Friday from Florida. They promised it would ship same day and I would have parts in 3-5 business days. Didn’t ship on Friday. Parts didn’t move until Thursday. As of this morning shipping still said pending.

customer service was horrible. Basically saying wait for your parts or we can give you money back. What a joke.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:22 PM
Registered

Hahahaha geeze on top of horrible customer service they peddle junk…looks like Helen Keller welded this garbage. Smh. what a joke. $60 for this trash.

Old 08-07-2021, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

To add to this thread , I recently ordered the LED trim indicator. On the surface it looks great. However , the wiring harness for the sender is about a foot short. As is the protective hose cover for the wiring. The tech suggested I run it below the waterline. This was at Hardin , CPs east coast affiliate. Now I discovered the card is installed in the unit upside down. It functions perfectly , just it shows drive up when down and vice versa. After being berated by the tech at Hardin ,the inability to be accountable, they have lost my business forever. It’s not like I am going to spend ours boiling in the sun to now uninstall a product that , should have been tested before it went out the door. I think the piss poor customer service and quality control is reflective of the clown that is running that circus. Of course Eddie Marine isn’t too much to talk about either. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on an sc shorty lower and I am going to deal with imco directly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.