Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
OSO New Member Michaelsformula is the Guy that ripped me off on Ebay!! >

OSO New Member Michaelsformula is the Guy that ripped me off on Ebay!!

Notices

OSO New Member Michaelsformula is the Guy that ripped me off on Ebay!!

Old 04-28-2004, 08:52 AM
brw7410

I still want my f___________ money back! So yes, I'm not done with him yet!

Old 04-28-2004, 09:18 AM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! Congrats to all of you OSO heros on getting these two pieces of scum off the streets! Way to go!

Michael T. McLaughlin:
31 criminal counts, including 10 counts of third-degree burglary, three counts of first-degree larceny, two counts of second-degree larceny and one count each of larceny in the third-, fourth-, fifth- and sixth-degrees, Morgan said. He also faces six counts of first-degree criminal mischief, two counts of second-degree criminal mischief and one count each of third-degree criminal mischief, third-degree criminal trespass, conspiracy and possession of burglar’s tools. (Including $80,000 worth of boat electronics and equipment from Birbarie Marine Sales Inc). Using the E-Bay name 'blownmerc 1", was involved with over 50 Ebay marine equipment transactions.

His partner:

Scott Mitchell: eight counts of burglary and four related charges (police found more than $10,000 in hidden stolen boat electronics)

Mitchell has ratted on his buddy, and has indicated McLaughlin has been breaking into boatyards and selling the pilfered goods on the Internet via the e-Bay Web site for about two years.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's a Loooooooooong list of charges.

Congrats in getting this piece of **** off the streets. Good luck to those of you owed money/parts.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah but this means anybody who did receive anything from them. has stolen goods.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Audiofn
And what did the Neighbors say?

Jon
The first time I went stopped over I had just gotten out of work so I pulled up (parked on the road) wearing a dark suit and tie. Now keep in mind this is a very nice waterfront area. The POS wasn't home so I took a look in his windows to check things out. His house (daddy's house) was nice, but the house next door had to be worth $1.5+ mil. I see this woman staring at me next door in the super nice house and she's talking on her phone. I figured I had about 10 min. before the feds showed up. Now keep in mind I'm wearing black sunglasses and I hit the gym on a regular basis... you get the picture. So I knock on her door and she cracks the door (with the safety chain attached) and asks if she can help me. I said I'm looking for the kid next door and ask her when he's around and what he looks like. She gave me a little info and clearly got the point that someone was after his azz. I got out ASAP in case the cops were on the way. Since this POS lives about 45 min. from me, I didn't get over there for at least another month. This time the woman is outside and the kid is not home again. Wearing my gym wear I ask her where he is and she said she doesn't know. I then told her about this POS ripping people off over the Internet and I was there to do a little "collecting". The look on her face was priceless.

I later contacted Rob to give him an update and Rob had said that Michael had just sold his bell-housing on ebay so I was to late. Oh well, I tried. One of these days I hope I get the pleasure of running into him...
Old 04-28-2004, 03:26 PM
brw7410

Contact Branford Police Now

If you have been ripped off by Michael McLaughlin then now is the time to notify authorities about your loss.
Branford Police are handling theft by Michael McLaughlin and Scott Mitchell of CT. IN the New Haven Register newspaper today.
www.nhregister.com
Phone # Branford Ct Police is 203 - 481-4241

They were caught with thousands of dollars in stolen goods. Read the article. Notify police if you were a victim.

Old 04-28-2004, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I contacted RWS about doing the same thing earlier today.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:12 AM
rws
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I contacted the Branford Police dept. and gave them the serial # off of the transom assy. They told me that the serial # was not on the hot sheet .

Rob
Old 05-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Boys,

Like I said a while back in this thread, I am orginally from Branford and I will be up there next month for a few weeks.

So if I can do anything for anyone when I am there, (beides get your money back) let me know.

If anyone will be in Marathon this weekend, we should meet up to plan the "Italian Style" revenge plan!
Old 08-13-2004, 10:01 AM
henriceh

Default Re: OSO New Member Michaelsformula is the Guy that ripped me off on Ebay!!

Sorry for the duplicate and I see you all know about his arrest!

Last edited by henriceh; 08-13-2004 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Duplicate

Quick Reply: OSO New Member Michaelsformula is the Guy that ripped me off on Ebay!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.