Finaly Got A Bt 46sc Triple >

Finaly Got A Bt 46sc Triple

Notices

Finaly Got A Bt 46sc Triple

Old 09-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finaly Got A Bt 46sc Triple

We, finaly decided to purchase a BT46SC triple , and are very happy about it. After inspecting a hole bunch of 50 Hustlers, and Nor-Techs, we chosed the BT mainly for the aminities all over, and the huge cabin, Sea trialing it, proved to us that the handling is just as good as the others. We want to THANK very specialy ROGER the plant manager the " GURRU" that seems to know BT in & out, and all of his employe(e) (s) that work on our boat. Bob the president for his patience ( he will probably have hightmares about dealing whit US,) and a special thanks to Clay, Ray,and Rich from MD.
Their conviction into the BTs permitted this deal to go true.
We traveled from Canada twice to Hannibal, and both times where pleasant, and helpfull dealing whit all of these peoples.
We had alot of reserved into the deadlines to get the boat ready for the 21/09/07, but the achived that goal very professionaly and we are very happy & satisfied whit the hole process, again THANK YOU all over at BLACK THUNDER for everything.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Registered

Pictures..... We need pictures!!!!

Congrats....
Old 09-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Congrats. Our maiden voyage in our twin 46 was with 10 other BT's from Miami to Key West. The triples just ate up the Atlantic. The third engine pushing deep in the center just plowed through the big water. You'll love it.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Registered

Thanks all of you, We will get pictures posted by this week-end ( will take some better ones).
Boat was previously know as " NO COMPROMISE" this triple as 500 EFI, spinning 30 Bravo outsides & 32 Bravo center, I have seen 83.9 GPS ( blew the wakes at a 35 Fountain sunday) Unfortunatly it also as XZ drives rather than XR, ( but runs nice), We want to have the engines re-fresh this winter and where thinking about adding WIPPLES, Does anyone out on this Forun tried Wipples on 500EFI ?
Curious on how many extra HP this will add, and eventualy what kind of speed it will do ? How about Engine Life and reallibility,is it worth it.?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Registered

Was this it?
Attached Thumbnails Finaly Got A Bt 46sc Triple-bt-46.jpg  
Old 09-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Registered

Sinkorswim,

THATS the ONE, WE love it, plus the paint is kind of to our taste, this Boat is know in Montreal, Canada, doing only freshwater,
Old 09-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That boat ran with us on our maiden voyage with the BT crew aboard. It is one of them eating the Atlantic. Ran very well. With trips, the XZ's should hold up. They were a good drive. Whipples will come with intercoolers so keeps the stress on engine internals down a little. Whipples are a very good package and I would expect you would see a lot more speed. Steve David on OSO added whipples to his twin 500 efi BT. You should bend his ear and he'll have a lot of good info.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Registered

Congrats, Welcome to the family.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Registered

THANKS THLWL, I do hope that Steve David will read this post and give me some feedback and infos on IS experience whit wipples on 500EFI, I have heard alot of good about is experience whit BT, and he is very knowledgeable about these boats. WE are also very happy to be in the Black Thunder Family
Old 09-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Default Fantom X Whipple questions

Hi (Bien venue) and welcome to the Black Thunder family! As for Whipples, they do make a wonderful package giving all around balanced performance. However, you will tear up outdrives. the 500EFI with Whipples will develop about 700 HP at the crankshaft and over 740 lp of torque. All that torque happens in the mid 3000 RPM range.
I was willing to put up the with the drive issues because (well because I'm really stupid) and also because I really enjoyed the performance of the Whipples. (Mine was a 43 with triple 500 EFI's originally) We would cruise at 3200 RPM and 63 MPH all day long. Several trips to the Bahamas and Key West getting about 1 MPG. We ran in the upper 90's at WOT with P-5 Hydromotives, 29 pitch and 1.36 drive ratios. With 34" labbed Bravo 4 blades at 5450 RPM we ran 97MPH. I found a better mid range and better overall ride with the P-5 hydromotives. Got on plane real easy, stayed on plane at 25 MPH.
So, if you go with Whipples,(Dustin Whipple and his Dad are good people, straight forward, helpful and a pleasure to do business with) plan on spending about $9,000 per engine for the Whipples and install cost. Then plan on upgrading to XR drives, and new props, there goes another $7,000 +/- per engine. Those 500 EFI's are looking pretty nice right about now, aren't they But I'll bet you'll do it, because like the rest of us, you're nuts and want to go faster.
When you do, call or e-mail me and I'll be happy to walk you thru the install, best props, gear ratios, mounting for fuel pumps, plumbing etc. The fellow that now owns my boat is in Southern Pennsylavnia. Maybe you can make arrangements to visit him and take lots of installation photos to give you some ideas? He's a really pleasant fellow.
Congratulations again on your new boat. You're going to love it. The Black Thunder is a rock solid boat, great people build them, and the follow up service is second to none.

See you on the water,

Steve David

Quick Reply: Finaly Got A Bt 46sc Triple

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.