LOTO / Baja Accident

Old 07-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This crap is getting boring.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If he is I doubt he's going to speak up now.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:12 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdave
is it really that F*cking hard to clip on a lanyard. why is it that people overlook this very simple element of safety.
Training, education, and the human behavioral element. I just ran a trip engine boat and when I arrived they had no lanyards. The owner stated the dealer had told him he didn't really need them and therefore removed them from the console.

Manufacturers also need to think about the ergonomics and the human element as well. All too often the ignition interrupt switch is located hidden out of the way or in a place where wearing of the lanyard interferes with other vital operational systems. Steering for example.

We have also found new owners being told to put your tabs at four and forget about them. Why bother understanding how to leverage your boat properly for a comfortable safe boating experience. Why bother about water flow and hydrodynamics.

Why bother learning about safe speed because with all of these accidents government will impose speed limits and we can all take the big power out and start using bio diesel.

Speed was not the root cause of any of these incidents. They are caused by a sequence of events leading up to the actual incident.

Beginning with Training, education, terminal performance skill set application, with Performance, Condition, and Standards. Application of skill sets, acknowledgement of human behavioral standards, and finally the ability to maintain situational awareness.

However the legislators will simply conclude speed must be regulated to solve the problem.

Again I am very glad to hear noone was killed and wish the boat operator a healty recovery.

Please BESAFE.

Remember this is performane PLEASURE boating so lets not let anyone take it away.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

How many f---ing accidents have to happen before people start wearing their lanyards. This is the simplest safety item to use and could potentially save the most lives!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Chaulk up another one to no lanyard.....what's this about a half dozen this year alone?

Meanwhile, check out the advertisement on the news website link.
Attached Thumbnails LOTO / Baja Accident-loto-accident.jpg  
Old 07-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to give an honest reply that might help some people. This weekend I did the Chicago Poker Run and wore my lanyard for the first time. It is a must I could not even tell that it was on. For anyone out there that thinks its uncool or not harda## to wear one get over your selves. These stupid accidents have to stop.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Chaulk up another one to no lanyard.....what's this about a half dozen this year alone?

Meanwhile, check out the advertisement on the news website link.
Your point being.....?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

8:30PM = DRINKING TIME.

I didn't start wearing my lanyard until I went to a poker run and now I wear it all the time. It does get in the way of me steering, but its worth it.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
8:30PM = DRINKING TIME.

I didn't start wearing my lanyard until I went to a poker run and now I wear it all the time. It does get in the way of me steering, but its worth it.
Hook it to your ankle, waistband, or bottom of your shorts pant leg.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tonypo8
I just want to give an honest reply that might help some people. This weekend I did the Chicago Poker Run and wore my lanyard for the first time. It is a must I could not even tell that it was on. For anyone out there that thinks its uncool or not harda## to wear one get over your selves. These stupid accidents have to stop.
Good meeting you guys this weekend! That boat is beautiful! And I think EVERYONE could see the merits of wearing a lanyard in that water on Lake Michigan! I talked to more than one driver that was thrown to the floor of their boat.

Quick Reply: LOTO / Baja Accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.