Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Boating Safety
30' Fountain involved in fatality wanted in LHC >

30' Fountain involved in fatality wanted in LHC

Notices

30' Fountain involved in fatality wanted in LHC

Old 08-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

This is like watching car chases on TV. You think to yourself, "why is this dude running...they never get away". Same thing here. How anyone thinks running will make their situation better and thinks they will get away is beyond me. If you F up, stay there and take responsibility for your actions and the consequences that will follow. It would go a long way with the family involved and a judge/jury. Condolences to the family and friends of the gentlemen killed in the accident.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
This is like watching car chases on TV. You think to yourself, "why is this dude running...they never get away". Same thing here. How anyone thinks running will make their situation better and thinks they will get away is beyond me. If you F up, stay there and take responsibility for your actions and the consequences that will follow. It would go a long way with the family involved and a judge/jury. Condolences to the family and friends of the gentlemen killed in the accident.
To play devils advocate, the guy really may not even know he hit someone... and not everyone reads the paper, is online, etc. to find all this stuff out.

A older stand up jet ski would probably be a speed bump to a 30 footer... Even if he noticed damage to the boat at the ramp, he may not have thought much of it other than hitting something... which could be anything.

On the other side of this, the guy could be a jet ski hater, put fountain logos on another kind of boat, ran over the jet skiier, ripped of the logos and went about his day...

The bottom line is, we really have no idea what we're dealing with, there are all kinds of perfectly innocent people that do stuff without knowing it, and real big whackos too
Old 08-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a very sad situation. I hate when people do not take responsibility for thier actions. We had an incident like that here in Cincinnati a couple of years ago, Guy ran over a smaller boat on the river a hauled ass out of town. He was caught a few days later and is now serving a very lengthy prison sentence.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
To play devils advocate, the guy really may not even know he hit someone... and not everyone reads the paper, is online, etc. to find all this stuff out.

A older stand up jet ski would probably be a speed bump to a 30 footer... Even if he noticed damage to the boat at the ramp, he may not have thought much of it other than hitting something... which could be anything.

On the other side of this, the guy could be a jet ski hater, put fountain logos on another kind of boat, ran over the jet skiier, ripped of the logos and went about his day...

The bottom line is, we really have no idea what we're dealing with, there are all kinds of perfectly innocent people that do stuff without knowing it, and real big whackos too
A 30' Fountain/Formula type is not that big of a boat. You would know if you hit something relatively small, much less the size of a jet ski. The only way he wouldn't know he hit the jet ski is if he wasn't paying any attention to what the heII he was doing. In any case once you heard/felt the impact I think anyone who gave a crap about their boat would stop and assess the damage, unless of course you had something to hide.

While I agree that alot of jet skiers can be nuisances, and alot of them seem to be kamikazis who have no regard for their lives or those of their passengers, or anyone swimming in the water, etc, by all accounts that is not the case with this incident.

Bottom line is the scumbag probably figures he's going to get away with it.

PS-Just for the record, I'm not a 'ski hater by any means. Matter of fact I like riding as much as the next guy and have done so on many occasions. I've just seen too many times where normally sensible people climb on these things and leave their brains at the dock when they hit the start button.

Last edited by CCstinger260; 08-14-2007 at 07:26 PM. Reason: PS
Old 08-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

bump.............

Don't let this thread die until the driver is found.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:03 AM
Registered
Gold Member

would fountain have a database of the 29's sold in that color scheme available?
Old 08-15-2007, 07:15 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

isn't there a LHC poker run roster that can be researched for entry's by boat??

also, the chic in that pic has a wedding ring, she HAS to know the driver/owner of that boat, and someone HAS to know one or either of them by pic recognization?? I don't think a married chic needs a legal hassle...

not saying that's the boat, but if *I* was a detective, i'd damm sure start there...

JH
Old 08-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193

Unless you are unconscious at the wheel, you would have felt the impact of hitting a jet ski in a 29' - 32' Fountain.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Registered

Bumped to the top
Old 08-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Registered

Anything new???

Quick Reply: 30' Fountain involved in fatality wanted in LHC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.