Notices

wear life jackets

Old 10-23-2008, 09:19 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We will have LIFELINE Starter Jackets availible for purchase at the Key West Poker Run. You can buy them each night following the drivers meetings starting Monday Night November 3rd or at Key West.

These are the silver grey starter jackets in all stock sizes. If you want a different color, type, custom size or special order call 954 560 9080 or emial [email protected]

Mercury ignition stop lanyards and wrist bands will also be availible.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get reports everyday of these types of acidents....they were the luckey ones....

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/oct...oat-overturns/
Old 06-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wearing a tether would help too! and bring a backpack survival kit to secure you. its good to be prepared.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 4,295 Likes on 1,239 Posts

I`m so gonna get flamed but here goes

Pleasure boating adults wearing life vests, soccer moms not letting the kids drive bikes without helmets, and chin pads, elbow pads,kids having to be in car seats till their 8, skiers wearing helmets now, etc..... this is all what i call the p u ssyfication of America.
I mean how did any of us ever survive back in the day without seat belt laws and air bags, car seats , helmets, life jackets etc..?

Maybe it`s cause people no longer have any common sense they need all these things to protect them from themselves.

The day I`m wearing a life vest and some kind lifeline is the day I hang it up and move to a retirement home in Florida.

Until then I`ll just sit at home with my torn ACL, MCL, and bone contusion lol
I guess should have had a helmet, knee brake, elbow pads , full hockey gear, while skiing then i`d be ok right now

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 02-15-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL

Pleasure boating adults wearing life vests, soccer moms not letting the kids drive bikes without helmets, and chin pads, elbow pads,kids having to be in car seats till their 8, skiers wearing helmets now, etc..... this is all what i call the p u ssyfication of America.
I mean how did any of us ever survive back in the day without seat belt laws and air bags, car seats , helmets, life jackets etc..?

Maybe it`s cause people no longer have any common sense they need all these things to protect them from themselves.

The day I`m wearing a life vest and some kind lifeline is the day I hang it up and move to a retirement home in Florida.

I guess should have had a helmet, knee brake, elbow pads , full hockey gear, while skiing then i`d be ok right now

I only dissagree on one point. The Life Jackets. I grew up near a lake , swam competively for 6 years, so I can swim pretty good and not affraid of the water.
Above and below(Scuba), and am pretty much a risk taker. I have broken many bones from all kinds of sports, and have had over 20 major surgeries. I had a nick name of Stevel Kenevill. I survived all . Without a life jacket(Lifeline) I have no chance to survive and let the doctors put me back together. Just need to float to survive.
I still push the edge, but try and be smart about it.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL

I understand you, however here is my take on why we are seeing more and more safety devices and features.
Example: Snowmobiles. Thirty years ago my first sled was a 440cc Kawasaki. Top speed was 75 mph. Got there slow and was slow to turn and stop. Today, I have a 440cc MXZx SkiDoo. Top speed 95 mph. And it gets there fast. Turns fast and stops fast. And that is just comparing same size sleds. I also have an 800cc. It is 110 +.
Point is, our machines (toys) are faster and with that the danger of injury goes up with it.

I will continue to support and use safety equipment. I have a saying---------I want to be able to go back to work on Monday.
Helps to pay for my fun times.

Quick Reply: wear life jackets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.