Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn D
Has anyone seen any in Red yet?
Wake magic do red lights.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by indywhsle
If you get pulled over they should have a better reason than " I'm sorry, but I could see you in the dark".
I can understand your point.. but there is a very good reason for the our boat's lights and colors.

Boats and airplanes both have the same color positions and they are not for the looks of them but rather for the other pilot(s) looking at you and figuring out what way you're traveling. There are also similar laws in the trucking (and for even our autos) world when it comes to the "chicken" lights and their colors. They are not to having red forward facing lights and yellow rear facing unless it is a turn signal. With red and yellow being the only legal colors at night.

So, as I am sure there are no laws currently on the books but if extra lights become a problem or a collision happens then there will. They just passes a law in MO about the white docking lights... boats cannot run with them on. So that kind of blows "the more you can see the better" thought out of the water. My thoughts.... these lights are killer and I really like them and would like to get a set myself, but turn them on when coming into port or docking at the bar. But while underway, I really do not want to see a big glowing ball of blue/red/green/purple/(insert your color here...) lights at night and me having to try and figure out if it is coming at me or running with me.

Kept your safe and you'll keep others safe.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Registered

I agree with the law on not running docking lights, if you happen to be going to other way you can't see $hit, same concept as pointing a spotlight at another boat.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

There are very specific federal laws about lighting. I am very certain those underwater lights are not legal underway. It would not matter if they are underwater or over water if you can see them, they could confuse other boaters for navigation purposes. I have the Coast Guard Regulations book. It is lengthy and very clear about what is allowed. Size of the boat direction of the light and styles are all very exact.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Registered

Default Here is a cool YouTube Vid...They cahnge colors!

This is pretty cool....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXUfV7qUY7Q
Old 07-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Registered

We all just run brown/tan lights on the Illinois River. Sure is hard to tell if you have a light out though.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

just curious, but how do these lights mount to the boat? I really like the looks of the blue lights.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 454Rea$onS
just curious, but how do these lights mount to the boat? I really like the looks of the blue lights.

Ya drill a hole!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Ya drill a hole!
haha funny guy. So whats the best way to seal up the hole you drill?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
There are very specific federal laws about lighting. I am very certain those underwater lights are not legal underway. It would not matter if they are underwater or over water if you can see them, they could confuse other boaters for navigation purposes. I have the Coast Guard Regulations book. It is lengthy and very clear about what is allowed. Size of the boat direction of the light and styles are all very exact.
The only way these can confuse someone is if they are passing me.
Attached Thumbnails Underwater Boat Lighting-img_0409.jpg   Underwater Boat Lighting-img_0410.jpg   Underwater Boat Lighting-img_0411.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.