Underwater Boat Lighting

Notices

Underwater Boat Lighting

Old 08-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Enforcer2;2926309][QUOTE=AquaLeds;2925752]www.AquaLeds.com

And I wish I was back in Miami to.

I had a shop in N.Miami on NE188st.. XtremMarine .
Now I make underwater Lights

Last edited by AquaLeds; 08-10-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Registered

And I wish I was back in Miami to.

I had a shop in N.Miami on NE188st.. XtremMarine .
Now I make underwater Lights... big difference from Making HP motor mounts for Cigarette & Apache.. Drank alot of beers at Ft.Apache and then running my Sonic to bimini for a quick swim...the good old days that was a very busy street.

Last edited by AquaLeds; 08-10-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AQUA LED ........you have me sold on your product , can't we all get along!!

..i have been looking at ocean leds before your post, they have some crazy shots of there lights. They say there not enhnaced......................

I am definetly all about the price. I was looking at their amphbians for under my o/b bracket.

What do u have thats similar. I have four outboards that I want to light up.

I do not want to drill into the transom it's mantex foam cored.

Any suggestions....check out pict. The boat is kept on a lift.

Also what about lights for the dock. I am currently using pars led floods. They work great but I would like something a little less notable from dockside ( I have boat backed in bulkead to transom)
Attached Thumbnails Underwater Boat Lighting-z3.jpg  
Old 08-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AquaLeds
DeepSee's lights dont look that bright either and for how much??

I'll let you all in a trade secret.. all the LED light companies use the same LEDs there made by Philips and there calles Hi Flux.. they cost $2.95 each

All the companies use the same some mount them in molded plastic housing like OceanLEDS some mount them in Aluminum housings and I mount them in Brass.. so here is the break down $2.95 x 12 =$35 plus the cheap plastic housing[injection molding is cheap ] maybe tops $1.00 total is $36 and change the sell them for $600 each there is no way they got $550 in labor and assembly cost EACH... I sell mine for $129 each and still make a 200% profit..And I test Ocean's and wakemagic against mine there was no difference but the price.. we all get and use the same LEDs Nobody has their own SMD factory it all comes from China I buy em up like Ocean and WakeM by the sheet.

Just tring to save money for my fellow boater
BRASS IS FOR EVER Aluminum turns to white rust and Plastic well you know gets yellow and brittle.. your money oh I will rebuild your light for $20 for Life Ocean after year will say Sorry just send another $600

Why all the misinformation? There are a TON of LED manufacturers and they don't all come from Chine either.

Here is a list: LIST

Is your product UL listed or CE marked for safety? How do you mount them.....with 5052 and two wood screws? How do you ground them to connect to a MerCathode system so they don't get eaten away? Wouldn't be better business to talk your product up rather than talking the other companies down? Very poor grammar on your website too.

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 08-07-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by AquaLeds
DeepSee's lights dont look that bright either and for how much??

I'll let you all in a trade secret.. all the LED light companies use the same LEDs there made by Philips and there calles Hi Flux.. they cost $2.95 each

All the companies use the same some mount them in molded plastic housing like OceanLEDS some mount them in Aluminum housings and I mount them in Brass.. so here is the break down $2.95 x 12 =$35 plus the cheap plastic housing[injection molding is cheap ] maybe tops $1.00 total is $36 and change the sell them for $600 each there is no way they got $550 in labor and assembly cost EACH... I sell mine for $129 each and still make a 200% profit..And I test Ocean's and wakemagic against mine there was no difference but the price.. we all get and use the same LEDs Nobody has their own SMD factory it all comes from China I buy em up like Ocean and WakeM by the sheet.

Just tring to save money for my fellow boater
BRASS IS FOR EVER Aluminum turns to white rust and Plastic well you know gets yellow and brittle.. your money oh I will rebuild your light for $20 for Life Ocean after year will say Sorry just send another $600

I guess you are not looking at the same picture I am.....Deepsea led's are bright..they are also dimable...and they are not made of plastic
Old 08-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Registered

Default Buyer Beware

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Why all the misinformation? There are a TON of LED manufacturers and they don't all come from Chine either.

Here is a list: LIST

Is your product UL listed or CE marked for safety? How do you mount them.....with 5052 and two wood screws? How do you ground them to connect to a MerCathode system so they don't get eaten away? Wouldn't be better business to talk your product up rather than talking the other companies down? Very poor grammar on your website too.
I agree with Phantom, You're not supposed to be advertising here. I think you are hurting yourself by trying to bash others rather than building up your own products.

I looked for these Phillips Hi-Flux LED's. What the heck are you babbling about? They don't exist.

I know for a fact OceanLED's uses Cree's and the Deepsee lights use Luxeon Rebels both high quality and reliable LED manufacturers with the highest lumen ratings on the market. All you have to do is ask either companies sales rep at the show and they will show you!!! No need to make up a lie!

Plastic parts are cheap when you punch out hundreds of thousands of them. When you have to engineer a complex mold you are into it for at least 50K or so before you get the first piece. So low volume items like these lights don't cost "penny's" to make unless you are cutting corners.

Naval Bronze isn't such a good idea. It has zinc in it which becomes an anode and corrodes away. This will leave the remaining material porous and likely to fail. Great for topside use, not so hot underwater.

What kind of protection circuitry do you have in your design? Do you have a driver or are the LED's connected straight to the power? If straight to the power, then the LED's are at risk everytime the user starts a motor or the bilge pump kicks in causing transients on the power supply.

If no driver then I assume your LED output fluctuates with the input voltage? Do you even have a regulator in that little housing?

Looks like your lights are potted. So how do you prevent cathodic disbondment of your potting material. What's that you ask, well over time the water will corrode right up the interface between your wonderful Naval Brass and the potting material and someday short out the LED's, hopefully not sinking someones large investment.

How did you measure your output? I want to see the spectral plots.

The two companies you bashed both have 2 year warranties. Call them and talk to them!

Since this is in the safety area, I would warn others to stay away from bozo's like this working out of their garage. What liability coverage does he have for you when your boat sinks?

I would recommend you pull the false advertising of UL and ABYC off your site before you hurt someone!!! There is no ABYC or UL file for your company!!!!!

Why risk your hugh investment to save a few bucks on a risky outfit like this?
Old 08-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Registered

Default Colregs

Originally Posted by whtnordic
What is the law for having underwater lighting while you drive - is it legal in Ca?

I saw a video with them on a Cig at night and thought it looked awesome but I didn't know if it was legal - anyone have any idea's?

Sorry I lost it on the AQUALED bozo. The original topic for this thread was using underwater lights while underway before he took it off topic with his worthless advertising gimic...

Here is an extract from the COLREGS,

Note paragraph (b) leaves it open to interpretation by an enforcement officer. If he thinks your lights interfere with your navigation lights or with your ability to maintain a proper look-out then you get a ticket!!!

Better leave them off or buy lights that have a dimming capability so you can lower their output if they interfere. Or you can buy an AQUALED and not worry about it being to bright to interfere with anything! I would still worry about it sinking my boat though!

=========================================
Part C - Lights and Shapes

Rule 20

Application

(a)Rules in this part shall be complied with in all weathers.

(b) The Rules concerning lights shall be complied with from sunset to sunrise, and during such times no other lights shall be exhibited, except such lights which cannot be mistaken for the lights specified in these Rules or do not impair their visibility or distinctive character, or interfere with the keeping of a proper look-out.

(c) The lights prescribed by these rules shall, if carried, also be exhibited from sunrise to sunset in restricted visibility and may be exhibited in all other circumstances when it is deemed necessary.

(d) The Rules concerning shapes shall be complied with by day.

(e) The lights and shapes specified in these Rules shall comply with the provisions of Annex I to these Regulations.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:46 AM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wowwwwwwwwwwww
Old 08-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Registered

Wow I took a beating here

Last edited by AquaLeds; 08-10-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Registered

Keep the American dream alive

Last edited by AquaLeds; 08-10-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.