Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Boating Safety
16 oz fire extinguisher >

16 oz fire extinguisher

Notices

16 oz fire extinguisher

Old 01-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

before you go for certification, what chemicals are not biodegradeble in a bicarbonate extiguisher. current foam extinguishers are also. to get approval you need to get UL to test, i would go thru the firefighting schools in texas and/or oklahoma that teach for oil rigs. the main concern with B rated extenguishers is caking for your marketing.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

at 30 bucks each,if it is uscg approved,you will sell a million of them,il take 6 whenever you make it happen.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Agreed with everyone so far. Cost is great providing it is as good as it sounds and CG approval. At that size, it won't take much to mount. I would take at least 4 to possibly 8 for my cars and trucks too.

Do you have any pics, videos, more info?
Old 04-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Not trying to throw any water on your new extinguisher but a 1lb fire extinguisher is just about worthless on any real fire that may occur on a boat, especially if it's a fuel fire...

Personally I wouldn't be caught out in my boat without at least a 5lb unit with at least a 5-B:C rating for a Clean Agent (Halotron-1 or FE-36) type or for someone who is sold on price alone a 40-B:C for a Regular chemical (Sodium Bicarbonate) unit works fine. It would have to be a fully rechargeable unit not the cheap plastic headed type commonly supplied with boats regardless of what the shell was made of.

What type Class and UL rating will it have? If it's not Coast Guard approved it's not going to meet any of the requirements for a hand portable on a boat.

Just my $0.02
Old 04-17-2012, 04:29 AM
Registered

Fountain4play I here you and would have agreed with you 6 months ago. This is a totally differant chemical agent than anything currently being offered that I am aware of. I have witnessed this stuff put out fires you wouldn't believe. I am currently working on all the logistics for having a rechargeable unit. When I roll this out I want everything to be 100% and every little change made to product requires all new UL and coast guard Certifications...all takes time my friends
Old 04-24-2012, 01:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mr3dman
biodegradeable? So it can't get wet? please explain a bit more
my idea too .

bathroom light
Old 04-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by aroraborialis
Fountain4play I here you and would have agreed with you 6 months ago. This is a totally differant chemical agent than anything currently being offered that I am aware of. I have witnessed this stuff put out fires you wouldn't believe. I am currently working on all the logistics for having a rechargeable unit. When I roll this out I want everything to be 100% and every little change made to product requires all new UL and coast guard Certifications...all takes time my friends
Let me know when it's ready . My uncle lived in Williamsport for many years till he passed.....Best of luck with it....deep