Notices

Kevlar prop guard

Old 03-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tibbstoy2
I'm switching to 18" cleavers on arnesons. Would also be interested! Was planning to design something myself if someone didn't beat me to it.
Mine were 17.75 5 blades and used the covers I posted
Old 03-14-2015, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Car Biz
Mine were 17.75 5 blades and used the covers I posted

Obviously the mercury prop covers would work well for normal storage when walking around the boat... just curious, Can you easily get the bags on/off from a typical swim platform before jumping into the water?

How substantial are the bags? Do they have some kind of metal ring holding the shape? If so, is there any concern with that ring touching the blade tips? I'd be concerned about how long the bag would last given how sharp cleavers are.

I was thinking about developing a heavy duty urethane plastic solution that would slide over the props... but if the mercury covers are good, then that's probably a waste of time.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:30 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

There have been a few boats for sale lately with no props. Maybe buy one of those ?

The bucket sounds good on quick thought.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tibbstoy2
Obviously the mercury prop covers would work well for normal storage when walking around the boat... just curious, Can you easily get the bags on/off from a typical swim platform before jumping into the water?

How substantial are the bags? Do they have some kind of metal ring holding the shape? If so, is there any concern with that ring touching the blade tips? I'd be concerned about how long the bag would last given how sharp cleavers are.

I was thinking about developing a heavy duty urethane plastic solution that would slide over the props... but if the mercury covers are good, then that's probably a waste of time.
They are made out of neoprene and had a plastic like ring on the inside that would go around the blades. There are straps stitched into the bag and then the ends had a clip like a back pack they also had a draw string to keep the on tight while going down the road. I only had them a year before I sold the boat but the worked good!