Checkmate Service >

Checkmate Service

Notices

Checkmate Service

Old 05-16-2005, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Checkmate Service

Originally Posted by RJBBC
Ordered new carpet from Checkmate over a month ago and still getting the run around. I am really impressed with the build quality and ride of our 259 Convincor but customer service is important. Is this a one time blunder or have others struggled with Checkmate's service?
Still no word from Checkmate about the carpet.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:01 AM

Called Checkmate today. Evidently the correct carpet for our boat came in on Friday May 13. The carpet is sitting at Checkmate ready to go however Mike is on vacation until Monday, May 23. Checkmate says they will not ship the carpet out until Mike returns from vacation. How ironic is it that a boat manufacturer who takes such pride in the quality of boats they build show so little effort in supporting it's existing customers? If Checkmate would of sent me the carpet this week, I would of praised Checkmate's efforts and blamed this service blunder on a bad vendor. Checkmate's service in my experience could use some improvement. Still love the boat.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Kip. if this can be fixed, he will.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by zt260
Call Kip. if this can be fixed, he will.
Bruce mentioned that he asked Kip if he would send the carpet out and Kip told him he doesn't know how to process shipments in the computer. Don't get me wrong; Kip, Mike and Bruce all seem to be goods guys when you talk to them on the phone. It just seems prompt service (at least for replacement carpet) is not a priority. I work in a service orientated business, so I am not used to this laid back style.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anytime a key person is not available, the company must have someone to replace them. Unfortunately this doesn't happen often enough. I think it's very bad judgment for Mike to take a vacation during the spring rush. I'm in the computer business and I never take vacations just before school starts or Christmas time.

If you’re desperate, a boat canvas and upholstery company can usually make up carpet with bindings.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by wild willy
RJBBC; there is no excuse for this type of service. cancell your order at once and go to any uphostery shop and have them make your new carpet. you can get a better quaility carpet than what checkmate puts in our boats. i did this and it cost me around 500.00 for cockpit and cabin carpet.
wild willy,
I appreciate the insight. Before calling Checkmate we thought about having the custom canvas shop that made our boat cover. They did a great job on our cover, but I wasn't sure if they made carpet. For now on I am avoiding Checkmate for parts and service if possible. However, Checkmate promised to ship the new carpet out on Monday May 23 so I am sticking with them until at least the end of next week.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SPEEDSTER 27
You all ***** like a bunch of preppy *****es. if the part kept you from going to the lake then you got room to ***** if it didnt then shut the f up get a life .
Totally uncalled for.