New Checkmate Boat Pics >

New Checkmate Boat Pics

Notices

New Checkmate Boat Pics

Old 06-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Driver
Jersey Devil- I wondered who bought that boat. My brother and I were talking about buying it when it was listed on SF. You got a hell of a cool boat for the money. How fast does it run?

I agree the new interiors are an improvement for CM. But I still like the molded dashes. Any company can mate up a pre-fab dash to a hull (aka Baja). It's a Checkmate "look". Just my thoughts.
still sanding it down for paint and messing around with a back seat, was told it runs 80 on gps when we tested before purchase first run was 77 with so so props should be fun.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

That is great looking!

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Im partial to the red
Are they making any yellow ones?
Attached Thumbnails New Checkmate Boat Pics-dsc00016.jpg   New Checkmate Boat Pics-jamminonthejamespokerrun.jpg  
Old 06-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 06-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up Checks

Huge improvement already! Kudos to the new owners. No one could ever question their hulls and gel work but I hope they step up in the rigging department also, especially in the smaller boats where a lot was to be desired. Looks like Checkmate is definatley on the right course. I've been eyeballing the 24 Pulsare OB but I wish they'd also get rid of those stinking transom wells and go with a flat transom and hang the OB off an integrated platform bracket like Stainless Marine or B-Bracket. The wells are such a waste of space.
I've noticed the web site has finally been updated with new pics also. Great job Checkmate!!!Keep it up!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ing
Huge improvement already! Kudos to the new owners. No one could ever question their hulls and gel work but I hope they step up in the rigging department also, especially in the smaller boats where a lot was to be desired. Looks like Checkmate is definatley on the right course. I've been eyeballing the 24 Pulsare OB but I wish they'd also get rid of those stinking transom wells and go with a flat transom and hang the OB off an integrated platform bracket like Stainless Marine or B-Bracket. The wells are such a waste of space.
I've noticed the web site has finally been updated with new pics also. Great job Checkmate!!!Keep it up!
Agree totally on rigging of the smaller boats. One of my better friends bought a 2007 230ZT bow rider and while the mold work was flawless, the rigging was really awlful. Poorly secured from engine compartment up to the dash area and everywhere in between. Where wires were tied and secured no flex tubing to harness them was used. We pretty much went thru the boat and fixed the grade school look rigging job they did on the boat.
Other areas that need to be addressed with that model would be a cup holder location for the Driver, a real fiberglass cockpit liner, and some decednt padding on the bow seating, that they use now is horrendous.

I love the Checkmate look and the boats as a whole but was really really dissapointed in some simple stuff, from design to rigging. They deserve much better forethought.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Registered

A big thumbs up on most of hardware though. The sundeck hinges and design was tough stuff and done right.
Attached Thumbnails New Checkmate Boat Pics-p7080384.jpg  
Old 09-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Registered

here's some pics of my 87 convincor.
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc254/jdinvt/
Old 09-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Yup ... I spent last Friday on one of the last boats manufactured by Combs and Co and it was pretty cool too I definitely enjoyed the ride and how it handled.
Very Nice!!
Old 12-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Any updates on how the new owner(s) are doing?
Old 12-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Registered

Fantastic to see new ideas applied to the original design. Still has the great Checky lines and beautiful finish. Agree with the fairing idea... How about some egine bay and outdrive shots? Presume the hull is still as solid - any details about construction available?