what would you change??

Notices

what would you change??

Old 01-27-2002, 08:42 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mzx800,

I am referring to the trim tabs guage. Mine has L.E.D. bars that light up as you lower the tabs. But, as i said before you can't see the lights in the sunshine. Unless you are out at night or run the boat on rainy days, they suck. Once again, what good are they?
Old 01-27-2002, 08:45 PM
Charter Member #355
Charter Member

I beleive that red LED gauge is Bennet. You guys should be able to change over to mechanical indicators. Sydwayz23 here on the board has Bennett tabs on his Sonic AND has mechanical indicator on the dash. The red cables go thru the hull and are attatched to the Bennett tab.

Eric
Old 01-29-2002, 03:59 PM
J Berman

Man, thats tuff. I guess what I like the best is the gelcoat quality and the fact that the builder really stands behind the product. What I did not like is the lack of stainless steel hardware on my 1990 Starflite. I would have purchased another Checkmate if they offered a 26' - 30' offshore fishing boat .

Jeff

Old 01-29-2002, 06:38 PM
Registered

I just purchased a 97 280zt w/454 mag carb. I bought it from a friend who bought it new. He got it all white and did a custom paint job in purple and yellow. The boat handles very well and rides in the big stuff well. My friend had snap-in carpet made for it and it works well in regard to cleaning. This is our first boat, so I can't wait for winter to end, since we bought the boat in Nov. and drove it once and had to put it away!