2003 26 ZT, what to do? >

2003 26 ZT, what to do?

Notices

2003 26 ZT, what to do?

Old 08-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by barrete1
I'll make you a deal on a HO CAM & ECU w/ ~40hrs. PM me if you're interested.
thanks for the offer, but i do not want to rip into the motor. i want simple bolt ons and thats all. not looking to spend allot or do allot. i just want her to run good so i can enjoy her.
if 60 is all she gets im ok with it. i'll get a bigger motor on the next one
Old 08-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sweet Addiction
I was not happy with my 496 mag so I sold it and bought a crazy 500 EFI project. I am happy now. Went from 62 to currently 70 and looking for 72.
Call Brett at Bblades, he will get you there. My old ZT 280 runs there with a 500efi and his labbed 26.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Call Brett at Bblades, he will get you there. My old ZT 280 runs there with a 500efi and his labbed 26.
My buddy got a prop for his Baja from bblades. it was way way off.
he ordered the prop and paid big coin to over night it, put it on the boat and the boat vibrated big time, didnt pick up any mph. he called some one there, they said they would fix it, but it would be a couple weeks and he wouldnt pay shipping. well a couple weeks is out of the question in a couple weeks our boat season is over.
so he took it to a local place, they said it was way out of balance, they fixed it, made some adjustments to the cup (they said the cup was way off) refinished it etc he put it back on the boat and picked up 2 mph and no more vibration however he know has a $1400 prop that one scuff on sand will kill it. lol
no thanks on a bblades for me
Old 08-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by noyzee
My buddy got a prop for his Baja from bblades. it was way way off.
he ordered the prop and paid big coin to over night it, put it on the boat and the boat vibrated big time, didnt pick up any mph. he called some one there, they said they would fix it, but it would be a couple weeks and he wouldnt pay shipping. well a couple weeks is out of the question in a couple weeks our boat season is over.
so he took it to a local place, they said it was way out of balance, they fixed it, made some adjustments to the cup (they said the cup was way off) refinished it etc he put it back on the boat and picked up 2 mph and no more vibration however he know has a $1400 prop that one scuff on sand will kill it. lol
no thanks on a bblades for me
Sorry I don't buy it.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Sorry I don't buy it.
yea, its because i made it all up

I can only tell you what i know for fact.

we put the prop on, put it in the water it vibrated like mad.
we took the prop off checked everything, reinstalled is vibrated like mad.
he called the guy, guy said its normal, we didnt buy it. he brought it to a local prop shop here in mass to have it checked, they said balance was way off and the cupping was off from blade to blade.
from there i was not involved. my buddy (who i have been friends with for 10 years) told me the guy wouldnt pay shipping on it and it would take 2 weeks to fix. the local guy said he didnt want to fix it send it back. my buddy didnt want to wait and paid the local guy extra to fix it.
he then put it back on the boat (i have not been back on t yet personally) but he said its no more vibration and picked up.

the top part is fact, i have no reason to lie, make somthing up etc, i thought it to be strange after seeing all the good things about them, but with this i personally wouldnt buy one, i was iffy befor spending the cash, but after this its even more iffy.

like i said, i have no reason to lie or anything, and i also know you cant please everyone, so one out of 100 props where bad, it happens, but i know i would have jumped that prop right to the front of the line to get fixed and i would have eatn shipping. thats just me tho