Notices

Checkmate

Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I guess then technically BAJA by FOUTAIN should be discussed where?
Well I guess we will mosey over to the Fountain forum, maybe they will let us in.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 217 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Hey, its Monday. Let's fight.

You want to fight ? jump in on this thread
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=197390
Old 10-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
You want to fight ? jump in on this thread
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=197390
At least they arguing about Baja's.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 3030hunter
At least they arguing about Baja's.
I was just going to say this forum is getting more action than General Discussion these days! I even see names lurking here that I havent seen before!
Old 10-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I was just going to say this forum is getting more action than General Discussion these days! I even see names lurking here that I havent seen before!
Been hangin around for a long time, just never spoke up much.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Folks if are in the market for a really nice 30 foot and under rock solid boat that is fast, built well and custom to your needs without a custom price you need to take a good look at Checkmate.

I've known Dean Reynolds and Jr Jenny for a long time now and met Doug Smith in February and have since seen him twice and I found him to be one heck of a nice guy. He, his wife and daughter are true boat builders.

Each time I have visited the factory there is more going on and they are working on some really trick projects that you will see soon.

Well I finally got to ride in my first Checkmate yesterday and all I can say is WOW. We drove a 28 foot with a single 525 and were seeing 82 on a speedometer that was three MPH fast per the GPS. We only had a 26 pitch prop and were all over the rev limiter. The boat needs at least a 28 and maybe a 29.

The boat is ROCK SOLID and there is not a single rattle at all period. The fit and finish are exactly what you expect and are paying for. There are no excuses with this boat.

The interior was by McLeod and the front bolsters both look great and were very supportive while standing and sitting.

All the graphics are IN GEL and sharp including the CHECKMATE name on the bow. Check this out I was just told by Dean that they have mastered air brushing in the gel and the next models with have some really cool shades and shadows like you have never seen before all in the gel.

If you want even more Checkmate is in tight with Kustom Kolors and they have already shipped a couple of really trick custom boats.

Need I/O's? NO PROBLEM

Need outboards? NO PROBLEM

Want a single 496HO or a 525 in a 28? NO PROBLEM

Prefer a pair of 6.2's in a 28? NO PROBLEM

Like burger king you can have it your way at a price you can afford!

I can go on and on but if you are in the market for a 30 and under built the way you want it with pride and quality then you owe it to yourself to take a look at Checkmate.

I'm proud to say that one of my employees is already hooked and looking forward to moving up to a Checkmate 30 with twin 300 Merc outboards.

Keep up the good work guys.

Doc, Looks like you a big fan of Checkmate. I wonder how big of a fan Checkmate would be of your if you posted their dealer net on here. and you Sure have a low oppinion of Reggie, why is that Doc? What has he done to you. Have you ever met the man. You know he didn't take the jobs of those people in Bucyrus away, Some one else has that cross to bear. And if you hate what has happen to Baja so bad then get your back and sell it, Buy something else I sure Reggie Won't Give A S_ _ T.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Sonic's Rule

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 10-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slowboat6
Doc, Looks like you a big fan of Checkmate. I wonder how big of a fan Checkmate would be of your if you posted their dealer net on here. and you Sure have a low oppinion of Reggie, why is that Doc? What has he done to you. Have you ever met the man. You know he didn't take the jobs of those people in Bucyrus away, Some one else has that cross to bear. And if you hate what has happen to Baja so bad then get your back and sell it, Buy something else I sure Reggie Won't Give A S_ _ T.
Ok, enough of this horse sh!t.
Doc likes the guys at Checkmate & is clearly helping them by spreading HIS OPINION of the product. What is the big deal with that?
Who cares about Reggie & Fountain? He owns Baja. It is a done deal & that is all there is to it.
Can we all move on to a different topic. This one is so played out.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vagrant
Sonic's Rule
I love the Super Sonic Cheeseburger!

Quick Reply: Checkmate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.