Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
what prop would you run? >

what prop would you run?

Notices

what prop would you run?

Old 03-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BBlades labbed my 26 Bravo on my AT and it did exactly what he told me it would do. I picked up 250 RPM's and about 2 MPH up top.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noyzee...just FYI the 26p that BBlades did was a Bravo. Good luck!
Old 03-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Registered

heres one for you, im already hitting the limiter, so i want to keep my rpm about the same, but gain more trim? or just more prop. i should pick up for sure either way?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by noyzee
heres one for you, im already hitting the limiter, so i want to keep my rpm about the same, but gain more trim? or just more prop. i should pick up for sure either way?
You are stilling your current prop to 5250? If you are doing this you should be able to do up at least one pitch maybe 2 after labbing. When you go up a prop size and can still spin it in your engines optimial power range, you are going to gain. I am sure he will add cup to get your bow to carry heigher out of the water, makes triming for effective and effiecient! Not to be arguementative but what size wheel are you running? You said somewhere that you thought it was a 26, I have a hard time believing you can zing that to the limiter with 375 hp, if you can that is sick. With the 500 in my old boat I could spin a 26 lab to about 5100, a little bigger boat with 100 hp more????

Thanks for the compliment on my old ride.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Registered

I agree with MM. If you are hitting the rev limiter, then you should go up in pitch. If you are running a 24p then go to a 26 and have it labbed and cupped. You will gain speed and lift all while keeping the motor in the correct range and under the limiter. Talk with Brett and get his opinion. And have the info ready he will need. Boat weight, RPM's, speed, drive gear ratio...etc.

Andy- will be in your neck of the woods this weekend...ST. PATTY'S party! Will give you a call!
Old 03-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
You are stilling your current prop to 5250? If you are doing this you should be able to do up at least one pitch maybe 2 after labbing. When you go up a prop size and can still spin it in your engines optimial power range, you are going to gain. I am sure he will add cup to get your bow to carry heigher out of the water, makes triming for effective and effiecient! Not to be arguementative but what size wheel are you running? You said somewhere that you thought it was a 26, I have a hard time believing you can zing that to the limiter with 375 hp, if you can that is sick. With the 500 in my old boat I could spin a 26 lab to about 5100, a little bigger boat with 100 hp more????

Thanks for the compliment on my old ride.
im pretty sure im a 24 prop. its stock 4 blade i need to double check tho.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reality Check
I agree with MM. If you are hitting the rev limiter, then you should go up in pitch. If you are running a 24p then go to a 26 and have it labbed and cupped. You will gain speed and lift all while keeping the motor in the correct range and under the limiter. Talk with Brett and get his opinion. And have the info ready he will need. Boat weight, RPM's, speed, drive gear ratio...etc.

Andy- will be in your neck of the woods this weekend...ST. PATTY'S party! Will give you a call!
Where you going to be???
Old 03-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Registered

ordered my bblades prop friday. should have it in a few weeks!! cant wait to test it out
Old 03-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by noyzee
ordered my bblades prop friday. should have it in a few weeks!! cant wait to test it out
Let us know how it turns out
Old 03-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Let us know how it turns out
will do. brett ran threw some #'s with me. said im seeing over 20% slip with m current set up.
he said his computer says a 8+ mph gain. he said, "that wont happen, but 3-5 mph should be seen"
we'll see. even 2-3 would be well worth the money spent. we'll see

Quick Reply: what prop would you run?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.