2"imco shorty good or bad 27 convincer >

2"imco shorty good or bad 27 convincer

Notices

2"imco shorty good or bad 27 convincer

Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2"imco shorty good or bad 27 convincer

I just found out the boat I bought had a 2" shorty ran boat this weekend ran 65gps at 5400rpms 500hp efi 24 bravo what props are recomended
Old 04-25-2009, 04:26 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

I have a 259 Convincor with an -2 Imco and love it. I run a Hydromotive 25" P5X with no ill handling issues at all. I get right up on plane, can jump waves, turn as well as I did with the standard length Imco. I wish I could find a -3 to give that a try!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by checkmate 500
I just found out the boat I bought had a 2" shorty ran boat this weekend ran 65gps at 5400rpms 500hp efi 24 bravo what props are recomended
I have a 2000 259 Convincor with a modified 454MAG from Tyler Crockett Marine making 460 crank HP. The boat has the standard drive height setup and runs best overall with a Bravo 24. We also have a labbed 26 and Hydromotive 24. The labbed 26 will deliver the best top speed but planing and midrange punch with a full boat is less than stellar. The 24 planes strong with a load and has good midrange pull. The top speed is about 3mph less but the boat feels much better at all speeds but WOT. The labbed 26 will turn about 4950rpms in most water conditions. The B 24 will turn about 5150 when trimmed for speed without excessive chine walk. The boat also has full hydraulic steering and aftermarket hydraulic tabs from Hardin Marine. When chasing the best WOT performance you may take away from the boats overall performance, at least that has been my experience. Good Luck.