tabs for 235 persuader>? >

tabs for 235 persuader>?

Notices

tabs for 235 persuader>?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tabs for 235 persuader>?

I would like to put some tabs on my 235 persuader to calm the ride down a bit in the chop as im on lake erie and its never flat. Its a 95 closed bow w/ a 454mag B1, Looking for some input as to location,size and system. Has anyone tried the Lencos>? seems like a good idea to be able to ditch all the hydro stuff and just bolt them on and run some wires.The boats very light and plans well im just looking for more control. Thanks
paul
Old 11-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Registered

Paul, I added them to my persuader 218. best money I ever spent. by far. its like a whole different boat. I got a great deal on the insta trim brand which is what checkmate used on lots of its factory rigged boats. I love them. also helps much as the persuaders seem to be easily effected by uneven loads side to side. heres a photo of mine.

http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=DSC00471.jpg

get out the drill and have fun!
Old 11-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Registered

Paul I have a 94 convincor 216 that had big insta-trim twin piston hydraulic tabs from the factory I like the idea of full hydro as opposed to wires near water (just me) they make a huge difference. I use them out of the hole if I have a heavy load in the boat but the biggest difference is evening the boat out when load is not even or getting the most out of the boat when @ top end

The tabs are 1/4" stainless powdercoated and are 8"x12" they are I guess to describe location halfway from the outdrive to the outside of the hull

Hope some of this helps
Old 11-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Registered

mine are about the same size. Mike from Checkmate recommended that they are mounted with the outside edge even with the first strake. I dont know if you want them half way between the center line and the chine.

I also dont use them at top speed , or anywhere near. I think the mfg recommends them for 40-50 and below (something like that). I think running them down at higher speeds gets dangerous, especially with a 22 foot boat.

I agree go hydraulic. insta trim warranties their cylinders for life and the pumps are almost always fixed for near nothing if there is a problem. I had a long talk with the folks at insta trim before I purchased and they seemed first class.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Registered

thanks for the input guys. I ended up getting the small eddie marine k-planes12x17 . I talked with alot of riggers and checkmate and they seemed to be the best option being that im a ruff body of water all the time. The quality seems great all billet and anodized. Cant wait till spring to slap them on and see the results. Very nice mate plastic1 I have the same interior in mine.