Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
Midwest October Boating >

Midwest October Boating

Notices

Midwest October Boating

Old 10-19-2009, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Addiction
I have been looking at 388 Hustler slingshots. Did you see this one there? I think they my price it out of my price range though. I can at least trade it in, but then they may screw me there also.

I think eveyone trying to sell a performance boat in this economy is getting screwed. But if you look at like that than it is a wash situation with a trade-in. Sure they will not value your boat of what it would of been 2 years ago but you will also being getting a smoking deal on a 388 Hustler. Now get over there and buy the Hustler!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I know this boat well as I have been around it for 10 years at LOTO.
It sounds like you have something to say Beadman! Is it good or bad?
Old 10-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered

Default ...

Originally Posted by RJBBC
Paul,
I didn't see the 30 Convincor when I was there. It was raining so I just checked the boats out in their main showroom area, mostly high dollar go fast catamarans. I think this would be a good place to buy a boat. I am sure they can take for a ride and my impression of the sales staff was that they were experienced and honest.
Rob
i just got a call from them today...30 is sold, they were asking 18 but i have a feeling they took a lot less....he tryed selling me your boat i think if i had the cash id be all over it!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

I talked to them today. Nice guys. The 1999 is a consignment. They will not take a trade. It was owned by several people and was not taken care of like an individual owner would. They said they have a 2001 also on consignment the guy has had several Checkmates and may be interested in a trade. So my thought is back to my plan A. Try and get my boat in front of my business since this is our busy season and see if I can get anyone interested. If I still have it at the new year I will hunt trading it in harder.
Nauti Girl has been owned by the same person ever since I've been around the boat back in 2000.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RJBBC
It sounds like you have something to say Beadman! Is it good or bad?
The boat used to be slipped at Parkview Bay back when MP had a condo there. We know the guy that owns it. He then moved over to Lands End and the last few years the boat has been for sale residing at both a broker at LOTO and now at LCM. Charlie (the owner) still pulls it out every year to run it at the Shootout and this year was no exception. He normally wins his class with the boat. Runs between 82 - 84 MPH. Stock 500's. He used to race F-2 back in the day...hence the F-2 numbering on the boat. Kevlar boat with no v-berth.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Registered

an 80 mph boat is what I am ready to get into. Sounds like something that will work.
Have LCM get you in touch with Charlie. He's a great guy. Honest and a straight shooter.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I followed Nauti Girl on one of my Shootout runs this year. Nice boat.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:42 PM

Looks like they sold it.
Yes they did. The boat ended up selling for 28K. I ended up paying Lake Cumberland Marine 10% commission. I want to thank Lake Cumberland Marine for selling the boat. Dan Candido was great to deal with-very professional. I am confident I would not of been able to sell the boat this winter without the assitance of Lake Cumberland Marine. The Checkmate will be missed We had some great times with that boat!
Old 12-20-2009, 09:46 AM

Congrats!!
Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.