Questions about a 30' Convinsor? >

Questions about a 30' Convinsor?

Notices

Questions about a 30' Convinsor?

Old 04-18-2011, 10:39 AM
KN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about a 30' Convinsor?

Hi guys a 30' Convinsor is the old 28' hull is that correct? Is the actual running surface is 28'? Does it have a pad or is it a true deep v? Is it a 24 degree deadrise or less? What kind of performance does it have with a single 496 Mag HO? And what do you think of this hull in general? This boat has sparked my interest.

Thanks

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._id=65251&url=
Old 04-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a 2004 Convincor 300 so yes it si basically the old 283. It is 30' including swim platform. LOA used to be advertised at 28'3".

It is a 24 deg. deadrise hull. No real pad. It should, I think, have a notch. None stepped hull.

The boat should perform pretty much right where they have it advertised. 68 mph top speed. That sounds about right. Some Checkmate fans believe the 283 (now the 300) with the nothced transom is the fastest of the Convincor hulls. They say it is faster than the 253, now the 270. But who really knows for sure.

Overall the boat should perform very well in it's class. It is an all hand laid hull with quality gelcoat. Checkmate builds a good baot for the money. I believe the advertised dry weight is about 5300 lbs.

http://www.checkmatepowerboats.net/C...incor-300.html