convincor 270 prop help >

convincor 270 prop help

Notices

convincor 270 prop help

Old 07-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default convincor 270 prop help

I would like to hear from the guys who have tried different set ups and props with this particular hull. I have a 270 (259) convincor, I am working on with a totally new set up. I "think" my engine is probably making about 600 hp at around 5800 or so. I am trying to find the best prop for decent performance and the most top end of course...
I have a 28p Bravo 1 on it that has been worked to a 27p. I can spin this prop to about 4800 and the boat is right on 70mph GPS. I tried a Hydramotive 25p and I could spin this prop to 5200 and ran a tick over 72 with it but it planes a little slower and I lost about 5mph cruising speed. I would like to be able to turn the engine to 5600 or so, I would be closer to my power range and with the right prop, I would like to see 75mph. Is a non modded 24p Bravo the way to go?