Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
Is Checkmate building a bigger boat >

Is Checkmate building a bigger boat

Notices

Is Checkmate building a bigger boat

Old 02-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I am really excited and happy for checkmate on the new boat. I hope it sells good. I am a little disappointed that its a cheif but then again that cheif hull has not really been tested much so it might just surprise all of us. Especially if they made some upgrades. Plus, the majority of all high performance boats were at one time some other hull.

Also impressed with the pic I saw of the all new design 26 checkmate. Looks awesome, and I am happy they at least have 1 new boat thats their own design from the ground up. Overall, the entire checkmate line will start looking more complete then before.

Does anyone know for sure if checkmate will have at least these 2 boats at the Miami boat show?
Old 02-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice looking rig, but then again I am partial to the old school look. It looks like some changes were made to the bottom vs the chief, wasnt the chief a single step bottom? I hope this boat is in Miami, would like to have a good look at it.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EDIT: Didn't do my reading. Disregard.

Last edited by Keytime; 02-12-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotjava66
Nice looking rig, but then again I am partial to the old school look. It looks like some changes were made to the bottom vs the chief, wasnt the chief a single step bottom? I hope this boat is in Miami, would like to have a good look at it.
Old school look is cool though, I like all the looks, its nice to have verity.

From the looks of this cheif the hull is 98% the same. Not like thats a bad thing because it might be one of the best hulls ever made.....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o43873-en.html

My guess is the cockpit and cabin has major updates.

My guess is the build process is different/better/ making the boat lighter and almost as strong?

If this boat runs over 100mph with 700/NXT package and still crushes waves it will be a winner!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The boat isn't a CM and won't be at the Miami show
Old 02-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BBB725
The boat isn't a CM and won't be at the Miami show
Where did you get your info?

It does say Checkmate on the side!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Where did you get your info?

It does say Checkmate on the side!
These are quotes from the CM Forum from someone that stops at the plant a bunch and the later is from the dealer thats doing the boat, remember their words not mine.

This subject came up not to long ago. They are simply laying up some large(40+) boats for some one else who had the money to pay them for doing it. Not part of the Checkmate lineup.
Just repeating what I was told by Dean Reynolds as he took me through the plant and showed me the one they were working. Dean holds down some position at Checkmate, I think it is plant manager.

I spoke with Kip today and the boat is not even going to be ready for the Miami show. Also, Dean did not lie to me. These molds which belong to a private owner, have been stored at Cmate for the last 5 years. One of Cmates dealers was interested in a "BIG" boat, so they put him in contact with the owner of the molds to strike up a deal, which they did. Then, this dealer contracted Cmate to build the boat. This is why it is already sold. According to Kip, the name on the side is not etched in stone, but it could say Checkmate, or something else, built by Checkmate. The second one of these boats, is a customer who want one layed up in carbon fiber, so the molds were picked up and shipped down south for some one else to do the lay up work. So the molds do not belong to Cmate and are not even in their possesion right now. Will they be brought back, will Cmate build more of them? Who knows? Kip said that at this point in time, there is nothing concrete and they don't know for sure what the future holds for the 42. If someone has the cash and wants one, they just may get what they want. So, as mentioned before, this is, as of this moment, a one off build in someone else's molds for a man who had the cash.

Dealer

The whole story will be available soon but as of now it will be kept behind closed doors. The second boat, which has nothing to do with Checkmate, will not be a Checkmate or associated with this build or boat. For the people spending a lot of time and money on this project please respect this.
It is being built for someone with a deep love and dedication to Checkmate. The last time I checked, the boat does not have a name on the side.....it was all white and under wraps
I do have the whole story and who's money do you think is funding it? Mine, Not yours! I have put my entire life on hold for this project. I understand when you have nothing invested it is easy to voice your opinion, just make sure you do so on facts. I am well aware that this is a site about Checkmates as I live and breath it everyday as the largest dealer they have. So with that being said you will have the whole story soon.
We are the largest Checkmate dealer at this time and I believe so much in the brand that I wouldn't dream of anyone else doing it. This will not be one and done, we are looking forward to a great future.
So will this nameless boat make it to Miami?
I can only speak for us as a dealer and we will not be there (which means the big boat will not either), was hoping to but will have to wait until next year.
Completely new schedule, materials etc......lots of time and energy spent on this and it will be a massive wave crusher and quite frankly a better engineered and designed piece than has been before. The dollars spent on engineering alone are countless. The men behind that part are amazing to say the least. This will not be a dissapointment and will put a lot of people in check. When the boat hits the water (soon) we will keep everyone in the loop. Trust me, I want everyone to know about this when the time is right.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sorry guys, this is a Checkmate. It is part of the line up and will have a press release on Wednesday this week. Stay tuned....
Old 02-13-2012, 08:46 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffkopec
Sorry guys, this is a Checkmate. It is part of the line up and will have a press release on Wednesday this week. Stay tuned....
Jeff,

Great job on the graphics by Mitcher T and all I can say is wow after seeing it up close. Love the larger cockpit arrangement and modern dash layout also.

All I can say if the HIN is registered with the USCG as a Checkmate, then it is a Checkmate built by Checkmate!

XT
Old 02-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Registered

Took my Sportchasses to Mitcher T a few weeks ago for paint and saw the new 43 Checkmate. Mitch was just finishing the deck design. Boat looked huge..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.