Like Tree0Likes

What Prop to run 270 Convincor

Reply
Old 11-21-2011, 11:31 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Upstate New York
My Boats: 2001 Checkmate Convincor 270
Posts: 145
Default What Prop to run 270 Convincor

Just bought a 2001 270 Convincor with the 496 H.O. Unfortunately I was only able to run the boat once before I had to put it away for the winter. It has a 24P 4 blade. It seemed like i was getting to 5100 rpms before I was wide open. Any thoughts of what direction I can go in? I know I need to do more homework in the spring, just looking for ideas.
BIGBREW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:54 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tiline, KY
My Boats: Sold -2001 Checkmate 270 Convincor, 32 Active Thunder
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBREW View Post
Just bought a 2001 270 Convincor with the 496 H.O. Unfortunately I was only able to run the boat once before I had to put it away for the winter. It has a 24P 4 blade. It seemed like i was getting to 5100 rpms before I was wide open. Any thoughts of what direction I can go in? I know I need to do more homework in the spring, just looking for ideas.
I have a 270 Convincor with the 502. I run a 24p Bravo 1 cut down to 13 inch diameter and labbed. I can turn 5200 on the limiter and the speedometer says 76mph. Now thats the water fed speedometer. You have the right prop for that boat. Might send it off like I done mine. It changed the handling, take off, and speed for the better when I made those changes.

BTW, your going to love that boat. I love mine for sure.
matthewr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:19 PM
  #3
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Upstate New York
My Boats: 2001 Checkmate Convincor 270
Posts: 145
Default

Matthewr.....Thanks for the information, like i said ill wait till I play with it a little more next year before I do anything with it....Who did you have work on your prop? I cant wait for the spring to get to N.Y.
BIGBREW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:41 AM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 98
Default

I ran a 24 Bravo 4-blade.....what the factory recommends. Worked well for me. I am selling it. I cant use it with my new power. I bought it new last year for 650.
Moparcrazy.com is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:55 PM
  #5
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Upstate New York
My Boats: 2001 Checkmate Convincor 270
Posts: 145
Default

yea but if im not wide open yet and im already at 51-5200 what can i do got get a little more out of it. reminder i just bought the thing and ran it once, this is my first boat like this.
BIGBREW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:42 AM
  #6
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member
 
Vinny P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: long island, new york
My Boats: 99 checkmate 259
Posts: 2,707
Default

I agree. As was said, a Bravo 24" 4 blade should work fine. The fact that you are rpming too high leads me to think that someone before you, may have messed around with that prop. I would recommend bringing the prop to someone and have it checked out before making any decisions on what to spend $$ on. Maybe the someone took pitch out of it? Or maybe it is simply creating too much slip? How high are you trimming up? Where are you in New York?

Last edited by Vinny P; 11-27-2011 at 04:45 AM.
Vinny P is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:48 PM
  #7
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Upstate New York
My Boats: 2001 Checkmate Convincor 270
Posts: 145
Default

Im in upstate, Sacandaga Lake. I was probably trimmed up pretty good. It was my first time running the boat so im sure I could have been doing something wrong. I didnt mess with the tabs at all.
BIGBREW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:07 AM
  #8
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sacandaga Lake
My Boats: 2013 25' "Cat Style" 250 etec
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBREW View Post
Im in upstate, Sacandaga Lake. I was probably trimmed up pretty good. It was my first time running the boat so im sure I could have been doing something wrong. I didnt mess with the tabs at all.
I know it was trimmed up all thw way when I drove it!

Ive got a 24 bravo that came with my boat that had some work done to it, not sure what but in my 280 I could bury the rev limiter at 5400, went to a 26 that I know is stock and could barely pull 5000 so something was done to the 24. Youre more than welcome to try it out, gonna be 50 this weekend lets go!!!!

Need to get a gps on that boat and figure out your slip too.
dagah2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:11 AM
  #9
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Upstate New York
My Boats: 2001 Checkmate Convincor 270
Posts: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagah2x View Post
I know it was trimmed up all thw way when I drove it!

Ive got a 24 bravo that came with my boat that had some work done to it, not sure what but in my 280 I could bury the rev limiter at 5400, went to a 26 that I know is stock and could barely pull 5000 so something was done to the 24. Youre more than welcome to try it out, gonna be 50 this weekend lets go!!!!

Need to get a gps on that boat and figure out your slip too.
You rode in it Daga, I had alot more throttle and i was already at 5100, Nordic Tony has a 26 im going to try in the spring.
BIGBREW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:44 PM
  #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sacandaga Lake
My Boats: 2013 25' "Cat Style" 250 etec
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBREW View Post
You rode in it Daga, I had alot more throttle and i was already at 5100, Nordic Tony has a 26 im going to try in the spring.
I think the 24 is where its at, I could only pull a stock 26 5000 rpms, my 280 is only about a foot bigger but ive got you by a good 100hp.
dagah2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.