Awesome stuff! I'm jealous.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Lookin great Jup! Almost there!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts
Here's a quick update! Worked on the boat last night for 4 hours. Installed a new water pump & housing into the portside Bob's lower unit and intalled the lower onto the port midsection. Swapped out the lower block studs in the port powerhead and installed the port powerhead onto the mid section. The boat finally has both motors installed!! I still have to swap out the studs on the starboard powerhead, mount the trim pumps, fuel pumps, batteries and tidy up some wiring. I'm rebuilding/duplicating the port side seat bolster guts out of new materials and then I'll recover the bolster with the original vinyl. Getting closer. Once the boat is on the water I'll begin working on the cabin..
Old 08-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

keep it up!! cant wait to see how it looks and runs!!

do you know the weight difference in the race hull and the pleasure hull? just curious. i read 4200 pounds was the weight of the 2800sx. but idk where i read it.

do you have any plans for the cuddy? are you gonna put it back to factory?

ive got the interior out of mine right now. putn carpet in the cabin and cuddy. i also installed a Bomar hatch in the front for light and ventilation. ive decided to keep the two man race bolster for now...i dont wanna drill holes in the floor and i kinda like the security of it. plus it makes a cool "bench" to sit on while at anchor. im havin it recovered in gray and red like the back pad and seat.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2tonchevy
keep it up!! cant wait to see how it looks and runs!!

do you know the weight difference in the race hull and the pleasure hull? just curious. i read 4200 pounds was the weight of the 2800sx. but idk where i read it.

do you have any plans for the cuddy? are you gonna put it back to factory?

ive got the interior out of mine right now. putn carpet in the cabin and cuddy. i also installed a Bomar hatch in the front for light and ventilation. ive decided to keep the two man race bolster for now...i dont wanna drill holes in the floor and i kinda like the security of it. plus it makes a cool "bench" to sit on while at anchor. im havin it recovered in gray and red like the back pad and seat.
Hey Chevy..I don't know what the weight of the boat is..I don't think our particular model was ever put into a Checkmate brochure. I'm going to do a makeover on the cabin. New headliner, recover all the seats with new marine vinyl (white with red piping) and I'm going to refinish the wood bulkheads in polyurathane. The only thing I'm undecided upon is whether to reinstall the overhead storage cabinets that run above each couch...I'm also still debating on what to do on the floor..new carpet?? gelcoat splatter? colored bedliner??. I really don't want to deal with anything that will hold moisture so carpet is the last thing I'm thinking about. I kind of like the idea of trying a colored spray in bedliner for the cockpit floor and cabin floor..I won't have a chance to work on the boat again until August 29th...still need to install trim pumps, hoses, batteries, tie bar, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
attachments_2012_08_21.zip (312.6 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by JUPITER PULSARE; 08-21-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Cool boat!

I drove past the checkmate factory last weekend. Pretty cool to see the place your boat was built.

I agree with previous post. Trips have to be in the future!!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts
Default Yep.

Originally Posted by ttrm007
I drove past the checkmate factory last weekend. Pretty cool to see the place your boat was built.
Almost every Summer weekend, all of my life. Always slowed down to see what was in the parking lot. If you were lucky there was a load of boats to be ogled.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Registered

I bought two new Eagle One Performance style cowls for the 2800. They arrived a few days ago. Hopefully I'll get to work on the boat this weekend and wrap mostly everything up to get her in the water..
Attached Images   
Old 11-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Registered

Got some much needed work done last weekend. I finally pulled the starboard powerhead to replace the studs with longer studs and brand new stainless hardware. I drilled and mounted my new Eagle One 260 cowls to both powerheads. I also wired up the trim pumps and mounted them to the slide brackets..just need to fill them, run power to them and bleed the system. Here's some pics of the cowls mounted:
Attached Thumbnails 2800SX Outboard Restoration-eagle-one-mounted-.jpg   2800SX Outboard Restoration-eagle-one-port-side.jpg  
Old 11-13-2012, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

Coming along nicely. You got plans for trailer when boat is finished?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.