Notices

wanted

Old 09-21-2002, 12:14 AM
FOUNTAIN LIGHTNING 33
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check freak
I bought the boat new from Performance Cycles and Marine.
Last september i was thinking of buying a ZT 280 and therefore
i had the maxxum 229 for sale on boattraderonline.com
It was advertised for the month of september then i put the
boat in storage for the winter. In the spring i decided to keep
the boat for one more summer because my dodge truck kept
falling apart so i bought a new chevy HD this year. My boat
is once again up for sale and will be advertised just one month.
If it doesn't sell I will wait till spring befor i advertise again.
I can lower the price this fall a little like 22,000 give me a call
at 518-566-8038 or email [email protected] if you are interested.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:41 AM
check freak

Thanks for all the help. I have my eyes on a couple of boats right now. I am not sure what to do, getting ready to purchase a new house. I guess I am waiting to see what happens with that right at the moment. I have also been busy finishing up the motor for my sled.

Old 10-02-2002, 11:41 PM
FOUNTAIN LIGHTNING 33
Gold Member

check freak what do you have for a sled?Better get that engine done. went to two grass drags already can't wait for winter.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:35 AM
check freak

Talking checkmate 229

I have a 2000 Ski-doo Formula III 800. It has crank shop pipes, a crank shop cut head, v-force reeds, bored carbs, a thicker base gasket, clutch work. Right now I am in the middle of doing some serious trail porting. I am guessing the sled is about 190 HP. I used grass drag, just been spending two much time boating with friends this year. Most of the guys on our team are losing interest. Too much work and money for really no gain. I really love to trail ride thought, I can't wait either to hit the trails. I know you have an excellent choice in boats.
What about sleds??

Old 10-04-2002, 12:39 AM
FOUNTAIN LIGHTNING 33
Gold Member

check freak i see you have a stocker,or least my friends would call it that.and run it in a stock class.
Like you i lost interest in raceing and just go trail riding now.
Too much time spent on testing set ups. Now we just trail ride
to the nearest lake, river or pond to see who is king.
There are no SKIPPEY- DOOS in my garage.I have a viper with slp pipes for my wife and i have RX-1 to ride.I also have a 2000 SRX that will be for sale. My friends ride ski doo,polaris, and those green things.The bull **** is getting deep around here and the
bashing won't stop till snow flies. My good friend the polaris guy is
real good at porting.just tell him how many handfuls you want him to grind out and your sled will really run.Trail porting is one
handful and two handfuls is race porting. let me know if you need help with your porting.

Last edited by CHECKMATE 229; 10-04-2002 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-04-2002, 01:35 AM
check freak

Default checkmate

Like I said that is my trail sled. We have 2 Mach Z's with 1012 engines that we play with. We do all the porting ourselves, that way it gets done right!!! Man I have at least 2 or 3 handfuls of shavings per cyclinder and thats just for our type of trail porting. You always need to go big to make the power!!!! One of our Machs's is right at 250 hp on the dyno. Thats a fun sled to shake the lake with. I don't mind Yamis or slowaris's but the green machines are junk period!!!

Old 10-05-2002, 01:30 AM
FOUNTAIN LIGHTNING 33
Gold Member

check freak sounds like you have some nice sleds that really
rock.Ski- doos are nice sleds and there are a lot of them around
here.I know that you think i have poor judgement in snowmobiles but it's all i can afford. Sorry

Let's hope we get some snow this year.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:11 AM
check freak

Default checkmate 229

I think you took me the wrong way. I think that all sleds are junk. I guess you try to choose the one that won't break as much. Yamaha's are good sleds and they have came along way in the last few years. In my opinion, they have the most advanced technology out there. Anyway, you are have the boat selection accomplished while I am still looking. So I think that you are ahead of me. Compare price tags. By the way what is the bottom dollar you will take for that boat of yours.

Old 10-07-2002, 07:02 PM
checkmate981

Check freak,
Try www.wantaddigest.com .There is a couple Checkmates for sale .
Dave

Old 10-08-2002, 01:31 AM
FOUNTAIN LIGHTNING 33
Gold Member

Talking

check freak
your right all sleds are junk when they break down.I've been lucky
never had to walk back or get a tow.Been riding since 1987 when i bought my first yamaha.I owned a phazer,92 v-max 4,95 v-max 4
97 700 sx ,00srx 700 ,02 viper,03 rx-1, which i hope runs as good
my srx.I think the 4-stroke will out last the 2- strokers and with a
little time out perform them.Worked with a zr-900 owner tonight
and did a little bench racing.WE both can't wait to see who's crosses the lake first.Fall is way to long of a season.
Now we all know that snowmobiles were invented to give us boaters something to do till the next boating season startes.I have a little over 35,000 invested in this boat.Paid 31,000 back in
1989 for the boat and trailer.The boat had nothing, i installed everything from the stereo system to trim tabs to everything you
can see on the engine.It's to bad that you live so far away.I wish
you could see the boat for yourself.I never left the boat in the lake or out in the sun so the gelcoat looks like new.I've giving you a better price then the other's that called. If the boat doesn't
sell this fall it will in the spring when people are looking to buy.

Quick Reply: wanted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.