Notices

scoops

Old 01-03-2003, 05:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question scoops

Do any of you have scoops on your Checkmates? I'm thinking about putting them on my 280 Convincor. It has twin 454 mags with Whipples. I had to raise the engine hatch 3 1/2" to allow for the blowers. I want to drop it back down in place and give the motors more air. Any pictures?

Roger
Old 01-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Registered

any pictures? We want to see your pictures!
Old 01-04-2003, 12:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

As soon as I figure out how to attach them I will. I know I'm a fine one to ask for pictures when I can't do it myself. I'll see some people that know how tomarrow. Maybe they can teach me.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:22 PM
Registered

Storm,
I have a 260 convincor with a single 454 mag carbed.I was thinking about putting a procharger on my rig what do you think?
Old 01-06-2003, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

disturbed
I did quite a bit of research before I decided on the Whipple. I was going to go with the Procharger before I did a comparison. The Procharger will give more on the top end but won’t start to build boost until the rpm’s come up. If you prop your boat for speed then its hard to get on plane then when you reach about 3000 hang on because you get it all. The Whipple starts to boost at the start and is easy to control. I’m running 28p Q4’s and get on plane with no problem at all. Actually I come out easy because I don’t want to damage a drive. If I had to do it all over again, it would still be with the Whipples.

The only problem is the Whipple will add about 6” to the height of your motor and about three to the front. I had to modify the hatch and cut the seat support to make them fit but I think it was worth the trouble.

Oh yea, and compare the looks of a Whipple to a Procharger. I think you know who wins there.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:59 PM
checkmate981

Disturbed,
I have never tryed a procharger but no someone who bought a new boat with a procharger installed at factory .The engine did not last the season.I have heard of others haveing great luck with pro chargers
Dave

Old 01-07-2003, 04:06 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input dave.
Storm,
Where can i find out about whipples and price them?I need to get this done by spring(not that there is a certain 24 outlaw that i want to put to shame or anything).It always seems that i get go fast enough.You know what i mean?
Old 01-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I bought mine from www.superchargersonline.com. They had the best price I could find but no support. You can buy direct from Whipple also, if you are going to do the installation yourself. Teague sells Whipples too. They would probably be the best place to buy from if you have questions about what carburetor to use or if you need any other parts. Ask for Deno. They supply just about everything at good prices. Remember to insist on FeltPro intake manifold gaskets and have the carb boost referenced. Nothing makes my day like smoking a Baja.

Good Luck
Old 02-15-2003, 12:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Okay I think I may have this right now.
Attached Thumbnails scoops-quiet-storm.jpg  
Old 02-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A better one.
Attached Thumbnails scoops-qs2.jpg  

Quick Reply: scoops

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.