Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Chief
Another Chief in the mold! >

Another Chief in the mold!

Notices

Another Chief in the mold!

Old 11-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

I dig the graphics, kind of a modern interpretation of classic Indian related images!
Old 11-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Capped!
Attached Thumbnails Another Chief in the mold!-img_207508078991074.jpeg  
Old 11-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by caseyh
Didn't new tech or what ever make one? And T2X put the steps in the new apache but that one never had a hull out the mold the pantara changed it? Correct me if I am wrong.

Think it's a awesome boat either way. glad it gets to show what it's really made of.
Thad Allen's attempt at starting a "new" Apache boat company (and failed lawsuit against Mark McManus) did produce a very nice 41' mold and top deck. I know as a fact that a top deck was pulled off the molds..not sure if they ever produced a hull. They were also building a "one off" step bottom that never was completed. Had Thad Allen dropped the lawsuit and chase for the name "Apache" and focused on finishing a quality product, he may have still been in business. He, with Bob Sacenti's help, put together a great team of people that unfortunately never got to see their hard work completed...
Old 11-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

NFW. Figured your azz for dead by now, lol.

But you have the history dead-nutz on. I almost bought them for $50k. Too narrow though.

Last edited by ActiveThunder; 11-17-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Capped!
Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing them!
Old 11-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by WaveWarrior
Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing them!
No problem.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

WTF does it matter what happened in the past between Thad, Mcmanus and Ronald McDonald. If you want to fight over the history Apache, there are already 236 different threads about it already in existence. The fact is the 41 worked and worked well. How many companies make or made it original or with tweaks? the Washington co., pantera, banana, sabre, apache, new tech, chief, Im sure Im missing a couple.... (ok so the 24x7 hull still has it beat but its getting close)

This thread is about Chief, a boat built by Bob s. a man many consider an Icon in the sport. Its about a current build, not history, not leather jackets, etc.... Those threads have all been beat to death.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by knotproper
And this is what i was afraid of... a "clueless" person trying to "act" like he knows what happened. All you have is second hand information. If you weren't there, you know nothing about the real facts .
PERIOD.
Hey bub, it seems like you have a personal issue with Bob Saccenti so I suggest you take it up with him directly. I can provide you with his phone number if you like. Better yet, stop by and pay him a visit, I'm sure he'd be happy to see you.

Take the garbage to the Apache section where it belongs. Enough said, this is a Chief thread.

Last edited by Panther; 11-17-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by phragle
This thread is about Chief, a boat built by Bob s. a man many consider an Icon in the sport. Its about a current build, not history, not leather jackets, etc.... Those threads have all been beat to death.
Amen! Well said phragle.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love seeing how these boats are built so Thankyou for taking the time to document and share it with us Panther.

Was just reading another thread on venting the steps and someone mentioned that the chief has it. If you can post some pictures of this, would like to see how it's done on this hull. Thanks agin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.