Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Chief
Chief / Scout >

Chief / Scout

Notices

Chief / Scout

Old 11-21-2013, 08:58 PM
  #1  
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 749
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chief / Scout

Saw this in the classified section

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o54636-en.html

Anybody know the story on it ...
CMC is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 09:20 PM
  #2  
Registered
 
Wild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,249
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Brand new
Wild is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 09:24 PM
  #3  
Registered
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toledo Oh
Posts: 9,920
Received 330 Likes on 142 Posts
Default

THey interior piks are actually J-bonz scout. There is a guy making the new ones under the company name defender (I think it is) It is separate than Chief but Bobby S. has been helping him.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...-comeback.html
phragle is offline  
Old 11-22-2013, 10:39 AM
  #4  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
iTrader: (7)
 
eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Osage Beach, Missouri - 28mm
Posts: 2,249
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

The new 21's are being built by Chief Powerboats. We hope to get one up in the Midwest and try it out in the Spring. It's already cold here, summer is gone!
eddie is offline  
Old 11-22-2013, 10:57 AM
  #5  
Registered
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toledo Oh
Posts: 9,920
Received 330 Likes on 142 Posts
Default

So Bob is helping Phil build them AND Chief is building them?? Are they sharing molds?? any difference in layups etc??
phragle is offline  
Old 11-23-2013, 08:09 AM
  #6  
Registered
 
ItsPeanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Im close to water?
Posts: 1,243
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by phragle View Post
THey interior piks are actually J-bonz scout. There is a guy making the new ones under the company name defender (I think it is) It is separate than Chief but Bobby S. has been helping him.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...-comeback.html
I thought the same thing phragle. Just tried calling Jack to get the scoop on the pics
ItsPeanut is offline  
Old 11-23-2013, 08:18 AM
  #7  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
iTrader: (7)
 
eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Osage Beach, Missouri - 28mm
Posts: 2,249
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by phragle View Post
So Bob is helping Phil build them AND Chief is building them?? Are they sharing molds?? any difference in layups etc??
A chief 21 is laminated using the Chief Lamination Schedule. Phil is a good Friend of the Team and yes Bob and the Chief Team has helped Phil. The 21 is Bob's design and Baby. Chief decided to make a few "Special Chief Models" of the 21 which is what I am Advertising. These will be made by Bobby from end to end, and have his signature on the Boat. Send him an email, he is excited about building a few of his "babies".
eddie is offline  
Old 11-23-2013, 01:09 PM
  #8  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
BDiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: OP/LOTO
Posts: 1,776
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

Looks nice Eddie!
BDiggity is offline  
Old 11-23-2013, 02:26 PM
  #9  
Registered
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toledo Oh
Posts: 9,920
Received 330 Likes on 142 Posts
Default

I think I understand...but then again this is as confusing as an apache thread..... LOM advertises a chief boat, puts pictures of an apache and a defender in their ad, and If I have it right Bobby is building boats out of the 21 mold, phil is building 21's out of the same mold but with bobby's help, both boats come from the same mold, same layup, same workers, but Bobbys has his signature on the dash.. So its like all general motors, where the suburban is the suburban except when it has a new grill and badge its yukon and if you bling it out its an escalade... But who has the leather jacket??
phragle is offline  
Old 11-23-2013, 02:47 PM
  #10  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
iTrader: (7)
 
eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Osage Beach, Missouri - 28mm
Posts: 2,249
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by phragle View Post
I think I understand...but then again this is as confusing as an apache thread..... LOM advertises a chief boat, puts pictures of an apache and a defender in their ad, and If I have it right Bobby is building boats out of the 21 mold, phil is building 21's out of the same mold but with bobby's help, both boats come from the same mold, same layup, same workers, but Bobbys has his signature on the dash.. So its like all general motors, where the suburban is the suburban except when it has a new grill and badge its yukon and if you bling it out its an escalade... But who has the leather jacket??
See you got it!

I will change the pictures out once I have new ones. I didn't know it was going to complicate things just wanted to show the interior too.
eddie is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.