Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Chief
42's on the lot at LOTO! >

42's on the lot at LOTO!

Like Tree7Likes

42's on the lot at LOTO!

Reply

Old 09-11-2015, 02:16 PM
  #11
BUP
Registered
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ft. Worth TX
Posts: 9,151
Default

Nice boats and seen them both in Miami 2014. The couple that had the Chief (owners) built were very nice and took a lot time to talk about whatever you wanted to.

Just asking how many hours are on the new Chief boat currently as I would think the engines are still being broken in so true top speed is still unknown ?

Last edited by BUP; 09-11-2015 at 02:18 PM.
BUP is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 03:37 AM
  #12
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dighton MA
Posts: 312
Default

Post twice?

Dean

Last edited by soggy bottom; 09-15-2015 at 03:44 AM.
soggy bottom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 03:43 AM
  #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dighton MA
Posts: 312
Default

2.0 MPG I am sure that they Arneson's also have a lot to do with that number.

Dean
soggy bottom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:12 PM
  #14
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
My Boat: .......32............. ............Active Thunder....
Posts: 17,103
Default

Originally Posted by soggy bottom View Post
Post twice?

Dean
There have been a bunch of double posts since yesterday. Its an OSO issue.
Griff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:54 PM
  #15
Registered
 
ItsPeanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Im close to water?
My Boat: 21 Scout
Posts: 1,241
Default

Love those boats!!!
ItsPeanut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:43 AM
  #16
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Osage Beach, Missouri - 28mm
My Boat: What ever they let me us
Posts: 2,241
Default

Originally Posted by BUP View Post
Just asking how many hours are on the new Chief boat currently as I would think the engines are still being broken in so true top speed is still unknown ?
Originally Posted by soggy bottom View Post
2.0 MPG I am sure that they Arneson's also have a lot to do with that number.

Dean
Warpath has more hours on it than the pleasure boat. It's raced overseas, Key West, etc. The pleasure boat had a linkage issue keeping it from full throttle that is now fixed. It's time to test some props when it warms up.

The V10's drop down to 5 cylinders at idle, no super chargers, run on pump gas and make 725hp.
eddie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:04 PM
  #17
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Syracuse Ny
My Boat: 89 Cafe Racer- sold 92 Carbon Topgun. 97 kevlar 388 slingshot
Posts: 1,286
Default

2 MPG?!?!?! UGH. my hustler gets like feet to the gallon
315duramax is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:18 AM
  #18
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 498
Default

Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Warpath has more hours on it than the pleasure boat. It's raced overseas, Key West, etc. The pleasure boat had a linkage issue keeping it from full throttle that is now fixed. It's time to test some props when it warms up.

The V10's drop down to 5 cylinders at idle, no super chargers, run on pump gas and make 725hp.
Which boat handles better?
Boatlesss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:23 AM
  #19
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Osage Beach, Missouri - 28mm
My Boat: What ever they let me us
Posts: 2,241
Default

Originally Posted by Boatlesss View Post
Which boat handles better?
Warpath is a crash box surface drive boat. They are two different animals. Both handled LOTO slop very good. If I was going to pleasure boat 90%+ of the time I'd go with the Ilmor drive boat. Docking Warpath can be challenging if used only for a pleasure boat. Both boats have the same hull design.
eddie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:38 PM
  #20
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 498
Default

Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Warpath is a crash box surface drive boat. They are two different animals. Both handled LOTO slop very good. If I was going to pleasure boat 90%+ of the time I'd go with the Ilmor drive boat. Docking Warpath can be challenging if used only for a pleasure boat. Both boats have the same hull design.
So it's the crash box difference? Wonder how it would be if both had a velvet drive?
Boatlesss is offline  
Reply With Quote

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser