Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Chris Craft
Anyone else know of any Chris craft 245 Limiteds??? >

Anyone else know of any Chris craft 245 Limiteds???

Notices

Anyone else know of any Chris craft 245 Limiteds???

Old 06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by BootyPirate
I just assumed they all had a bench and a large sundeck like mine and every other one I had seen. I wonder if it is related to beam width. That one is listed at 8'0", while mine is 8' 6".
I definatley would prefer the bench over having the engine cover like that.
Beam is the same, just different interior options.
I like my sun deck and bench too, more sleeping room! we sleep on ours usually every Friday guys nite!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know of anybody that has put roughly 500 hp in a 245 ltd.

If so what type of results did they get?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by stacy ruiz
If so what type of results did they get?
I would not think that would be too safe in the 245 limited hull, it is not a deep v like most offshores, I think it would be all over the place trimmed out.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered

Default Help!!!!!

Please somebody help. We just bought a 1988 limited 245. We bought it the last week of June and have had it out a grand total of 5 times with a run time of about 1 hour each. We were told that the drive and water system was completely rebuilt at the end of '06. The surveyor agreed and gave the boat a clean bill of health. Sunday we went out to do some perch fishing. Nothing troubling on the gauges on the way out, no alarms, zip. We drop the anchor, fish for about an hour and the wind starts kicking up a little, so we decide to head back in. Tried to start the boat and horrendous screech comes from the back. Open the cover and it looks like the sea water pump is frozen and the belt is just spinning on the pulley. We were only about 300 hundred yards offshore, so we cut the belt and started the motor and idled until the temp hit 150 then cut the motor. Sat for another half hour and idled another 50 yards. The alarm sounds and I shut everything down. We got a tow back to the marina. Dock and have everyone over to look at the damage. Nothing I can do, so it's hit the pool and lots of vodka. Today, the motor won't turn over. I can bump the key and I can see the water pump and crank pulley inching around, but the motor won't turn. I can't believe it's seized. Did I lunch this sucker? Could the starter be fried and isn't turning the engine over? Please give me some kind of advice. If anyone could be nice enough to give me a call, my cell is 419-392-7796 Mike. Thanks
Old 07-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by kal6150
Please somebody help. We just bought a 1988 limited 245. We bought it the last week of June and have had it out a grand total of 5 times with a run time of about 1 hour each. We were told that the drive and water system was completely rebuilt at the end of '06. The surveyor agreed and gave the boat a clean bill of health. Sunday we went out to do some perch fishing. Nothing troubling on the gauges on the way out, no alarms, zip. We drop the anchor, fish for about an hour and the wind starts kicking up a little, so we decide to head back in. Tried to start the boat and horrendous screech comes from the back. Open the cover and it looks like the sea water pump is frozen and the belt is just spinning on the pulley. We were only about 300 hundred yards offshore, so we cut the belt and started the motor and idled until the temp hit 150 then cut the motor. Sat for another half hour and idled another 50 yards. The alarm sounds and I shut everything down. We got a tow back to the marina. Dock and have everyone over to look at the damage. Nothing I can do, so it's hit the pool and lots of vodka. Today, the motor won't turn over. I can bump the key and I can see the water pump and crank pulley inching around, but the motor won't turn. I can't believe it's seized. Did I lunch this sucker? Could the starter be fried and isn't turning the engine over? Please give me some kind of advice. If anyone could be nice enough to give me a call, my cell is 419-392-7796 Mike. Thanks
well the temp should have not gotten that high to hurt it, unless there is a bigger internal problem it should be fine, turn it by hand, if the engine spins freely then look at the starter, feel free to call me, I cannot call right now, its a little late, I will try to help, was your boat the red one from Marblhead at Marine City?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 245 limited
well the temp should have not gotten that high to hurt it, unless there is a bigger internal problem it should be fine, turn it by hand, if the engine spins freely then look at the starter, feel free to call me, I cannot call right now, its a little late, I will try to help, was your boat the red one from Marblhead at Marine City?
Anything??
Old 07-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Registered

Yea, good news. Apparently I shut the motor down and had a reversion. Took all the plugs out and water flew out of 2 of the cylinders. It was under hydro lock. Put the plugs back in and she fired right up. I haven't done a compression check and I'm still waiting on the sea water pump, but it looks like everything should be OK.

thanks for your help. Where are you docked at? I'd like to come over and visit one weekend.

Mike
Old 07-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yea, good news. Apparently I shut the motor down and had a reversion. Took all the plugs out and water flew out of 2 of the cylinders. It was under hydro lock. Put the plugs back in and she fired right up. I haven't done a compression check and I'm still waiting on the sea water pump, but it looks like everything should be OK.

thanks for your help. Where are you docked at? I'd like to come over and visit one weekend.

Mike
I have the boat in Lakeside at lake Vue marina, and a trailer in Marblehead, call me anytime, 440 476 4114 Tim

was your boat the one at Marine City?
Old 07-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered

yea, marine city is ours...
Old 07-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

yea, marine city is ours...
I saw ikt, it is right around the corner from me, does the rear hatch have shocks to hold it up? if so do they work? I need a part number, can I call ya?

Quick Reply: Anyone else know of any Chris craft 245 Limiteds???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.