Stinger 31 comments please!!!! >

Stinger 31 comments please!!!!

Notices

Stinger 31 comments please!!!!

Old 03-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stinger 31 comments please!!!!

I have been trying to find a new boat for the last few months but not had much luck.

I was after a 34' Scarab III but found a few dogs for the money I have...and there are very few in Europe.

I have now completely by accident found a cheaper-than-I-want-to-pay Chris Craft Stinger 31.

Cheap Stinger!

Open and honest replies needed now...

How are these boats for rough weather handling compared to the Scarab??

What are they like as boats??

Anything I need to know about them??

Thanks loads!

Stefan
Old 03-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Re: Stinger 31 comments please!!!!

I have a friend with an 88 312,he loves it and it seems to do well in the water,we run it hard and it takes it.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stefan,

This spanish stinger has been for sale many years now....
Prob a true project. I Own a 312 Stinger 1989 and I love it but now I going to sell her. She comes with twin 502MPI/415
And is in a great shape. but Its more than twice that money

I am located i Stockholm

Mange
Old 03-21-2006, 05:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mange
Stefan,

This spanish stinger has been for sale many years now....
Prob a true project. I Own a 312 Stinger 1989 and I love it but now I going to sell her. She comes with twin 502MPI/415
And is in a great shape. but Its more than twice that money

I am located i Stockholm

Mange

I want something cheap, unfortunately, to re-power to 320hp turbo-diesels...so hull important / engines not...
Old 03-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Registered

We own an '88 312 and have completely redone the boat inside and out, motors included.

Regarding rough water, well, we're on Lake Erie and when you get a 31' boat in 4' to 6' footers you're going to have a rough ride. We hit hard at times but it's part of the being in a 31' boat.

We have a few friends that have Scarabs. There are times we run much better than they do, however that works both ways. Late last summer we came back from downtown Cleveland after the air show in 4' to 6' waves (lots of slop in the water as the air show just ended too) and we had a really rough time compared to our friends in the Scarab. They passed us like we were standing still. We took one really hard hit that cracked a corner bulkhead and some hairline damage to our new dash we redid last year in the filler. Should we have been out? Well, you always hope the water starts to settle down, which it did about 2/3 of the way home, but you risk that in rougher water. The Scarab took a hard hit in some rough stuff last year on their trip over to Canada.

Do a search on this forum for "winter projects" and you'll see a thread of what we did to our Stinger last winter and all the changes we have made.

Our boat has been good to us and we love our Stinger but are ready to move up. We like to travel a lot and Lake Erie is more rough than she is calm. We are looking at Apaches, Fountains and nothing less than 38'.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

Rastinger, please post pictures of your boat, maybe in the tread I started named post pictures of your restoration. I also have a stinger, curious to see what you've done with it!
Old 03-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by rastinger
We own an '88 312 and have completely redone the boat inside and out, motors included.

Regarding rough water, well, we're on Lake Erie and when you get a 31' boat in 4' to 6' footers you're going to have a rough ride. We hit hard at times but it's part of the being in a 31' boat.

We have a few friends that have Scarabs. There are times we run much better than they do, however that works both ways. Late last summer we came back from downtown Cleveland after the air show in 4' to 6' waves (lots of slop in the water as the air show just ended too) and we had a really rough time compared to our friends in the Scarab. They passed us like we were standing still. We took one really hard hit that cracked a corner bulkhead and some hairline damage to our new dash we redid last year in the filler. Should we have been out? Well, you always hope the water starts to settle down, which it did about 2/3 of the way home, but you risk that in rougher water. The Scarab took a hard hit in some rough stuff last year on their trip over to Canada.

Do a search on this forum for "winter projects" and you'll see a thread of what we did to our Stinger last winter and all the changes we have made.

Our boat has been good to us and we love our Stinger but are ready to move up. We like to travel a lot and Lake Erie is more rough than she is calm. We are looking at Apaches, Fountains and nothing less than 38'.
Don't forget you guys have to meet us out at Kelleys this year for a beer!!! I sense the weather coming and the need to bring the boat home,I am going to add more power to the 245 limited,when are you looking to buy a new boat? Send me some pics of the 312,I could be interested depending on when you look.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
Rastinger, please post pictures of your boat, maybe in the tread I started named post pictures of your restoration. I also have a stinger, curious to see what you've done with it!
We'll do. I have them at home and will have to do that from there.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 245 limited
Don't forget you guys have to meet us out at Kelleys this year for a beer!!! I sense the weather coming and the need to bring the boat home,I am going to add more power to the 245 limited,when are you looking to buy a new boat? Send me some pics of the 312,I could be interested depending on when you look.
You got it! We're talking about coming up that way the end of June for the annual Beach Party (not sure if that's for certain) and have Aug 4, 5 and 6 already booked to be there.

As far as when we start looking that depends on if someone stops us on the water and wants to buy it LOL! We're not looking to sell it this summer but if the right offer comes along we will, one of those sort of deals.

I'll get some pics loaded here in the next few days.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by rastinger
You got it! We're talking about coming up that way the end of June for the annual Beach Party (not sure if that's for certain) and have Aug 4, 5 and 6 already booked to be there.

As far as when we start looking that depends on if someone stops us on the water and wants to buy it LOL! We're not looking to sell it this summer but if the right offer comes along we will, one of those sort of deals.

I'll get some pics loaded here in the next few days.
sweet,I'll give you my boat and a beer for yours!!

Quick Reply: Stinger 31 comments please!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.